Tablets Without WiFi? Are There Any Out There?

Sako7STW

Nov 30, 2010
We have a need for a tablet that does not have wifi or internet. Is there anything out there still that is simple? Mainly just want to be able play simple games like suduko, freecell, and stuff that is put on it via a computer but has bigger screen than a Nintendo DS.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I dont know of any that are sold with out wifi stock but I bet you could find a rom for one that doesnt have wifi that you could flash.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm sure you thought of the potential for not being able to get those apps installed if your tablet isn't on the Internet?

swtnss

Feb 6, 2012
We have a need for a tablet that does not have wifi or internet. Is there anything out there still that is simple? Mainly just want to be able play simple games like suduko, freecell, and stuff that is put on it via a computer but has bigger screen than a Nintendo DS.
Most of the tablets have wifi. Just don't use it.
Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

Odd requirement, none the less buy any tablet you want, root the tablet rename the wifi module to back example, in most allwinners the module name is 8192cu.ko just rename to 8192cu.ko.bak you have permanently disabled wifi. If you ever want wifi back rename 8192cu.ko.bak to 8192cu.ko a reboot is required during each renaming to flush memory.

namsilat

Jul 22, 2011
I can see situations where the device may contain information for whatever reason that the user just cannot risk any chance of unauthorized access. Theoretically if you hold the device in your hands 24/7, there's still a chance (however unlikely) someone can hack into the tablet wirelessly as long as there is a wifi hardware component present. Without the wifi component, there would be zero chance unless someone rob you of the device physically.