Take notes on PDF?

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
I've looked and looked and looked. I want to be able to take notes on a PDF. (Not actually change the PDF.)

There are quite a few programs out there that will let me highlight and underline existing text.

After that there are a couple of programs that will let me draw on the PDF (circles, lines, etc). There's one that will go so far as to allow freehand drawing even.

But it seems none of them seem to allow the addition of text boxes.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to a presentation (as a participant). They have provided a 28 page PDF of the slides. Instead of printing the slides and taking notes on them I would like to follow along with the presentation on my tablet and take notes on the PDF directly. I don't want to edit the text already there, I don't want my text to fall in line or in formatting with the document ... I just want to "take notes" on the PDF.

Of course, I then want to save it for future reference.

Is there anything out there I've missed? Developers ... help?

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
Nothing like breaking down and asking a question for the answer to present itself! :rolleyes:

QPDF ... https://market.android.com/details?id=com.qoppa.activities.viewer&feature=more_from_developer

On my first download it didn't do any of the editing processes it promised ... then I realized I downloaded the "Viewer"!! Yes ... another one of those famed ID-10-T errors!

The full app is pricey at $15 ... but it seems like it will do exactly as promised. (so far I've only done the evaluation program ... which doesn't allow saves)

I bought my tablet for three purposes ... this fulfills the third!! And now my tablet world is complete!

jeukelke

Jul 12, 2011
Hello,
I use for this purpose "ez pdf reader ". Nice program, it does what has to do. Price $ 1,99 in the android market.

Good luck.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum