Take your tablets...

HappyChris

Feb 4, 2012
Hi! This week I joined the Tablet brigade and your forum after I received my eBay-sourced, el cheapo no-name (literally), Chinese 7" tablet. For all its cheapness-driven limitations, I can see the potential of this format and this size: it is already my eReader of choice since its page turning doesn't click like my Kindle and disturb my partner! I suspect that, after the server market, hand-help devices are the next real Linux success.

I am hoping that the tablet area will be as open to modding and experimentation as are the Linux and smartphone fields. My first quest is to find out whether my thing is sold under a recognisable brand-name and attracted any modders...

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Chris, welcome to Android Tablets and congratulations on your new tablet. Glad to have you here as a new member of the forum. I'm glad to see you realize your tablet isn't actually an iPad in disguise and you seem to have realistic hopes for it. Since the first order of business is identifying your tablet, if possible, I'd suggest you click this link to the Android Tablet Q&A section of the forum. After you've been magically transported there, start a new thread and describe your tablet as completely as you can. Hopefully, someone will come along and recognize it. Good luck and enjoy the forum along with your new tablet!

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum Chris! Have a good look around & i'm sure you'll be able to find answers to your questions. If not, Spider will probably come to your rescue :)