Taking a Chance on a DX Case

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010

kes601

May 23, 2011
Wish I had seen that one first, then I would have reason to return it if it didn't actually fit...oh well. Here's hoping for the best.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Samoa Joe

May 16, 2011
I'm taking a chance on a DX case as well ... Amazon.com: CaseCrown Synthetic Leather Opening Case with Interior Compartments for Amazon Kindle DX (Black): Electronics ... They are VERY similar, but not quite the same.
The magnetic closure on yours works front to back, mine from back to front. They both have similar corner attachments and pockets for miscellaneous items.

On the page I ordered mine from it specifically states that it's compatible with the A500! <fingers crossed>

If that case works, I will definitely be buying one.

-Joe.

Caryanne2

Jun 2, 2011
I have a Kindle DX case, the M-Edge Latitude case, I just tried my Acer tablet in it....it fits, there's a little wiggle room. Its just enough that I'm not comfortable using the case for my Acer. I hope your case fits better!

kes601

May 23, 2011
I'll find out Monday. It is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but I have it going to work, so it won't actually get here until Monday. I figured I might have to mod the case a bit to get a snug fit....

it2steve

Feb 16, 2011
I have custom cases on the way to the states for us. I'm hoping they will be here this week. :)

...sent from my android tablet

kes601

May 23, 2011
The case is a perfect fit. Will try to post pics later.

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
The case is a perfect fit. Will try to post pics later.

Mine fits well enough ... though the picture of mine with the magnetic closure working from back to front was a lie. Your picture was correct. And boy does it stink! I assume that will "air out" with time.

I'm still holding out for the Navitech I also ordered ... though the review indicates that the product sold also does not match the product pictured. One of them will be going back ... probably (I only need one case) ... and both can be because "what was pictured is not what was delivered."

Pam

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
I'm taking a chance on a DX case as well ... Amazon.com: CaseCrown Synthetic Leather Opening Case with Interior Compartments for Amazon Kindle DX (Black): Electronics ... They are VERY similar, but not quite the same.
The magnetic closure on yours works front to back, mine from back to front. They both have similar corner attachments and pockets for miscellaneous items.

On the page I ordered mine from it specifically states that it's compatible with the A500! <fingers crossed>

I clicked your link.....now this case is sold directly for the Iconia. No mention of kindle dx.

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
I clicked your link.....now this case is sold directly for the Iconia. No mention of kindle dx.

Very interesting!

Especially since the one I received has the closure strap that runs from front to back. :( I still have yet to decide whether I find it to be an issue or not.

I'll try to take a couple of pics either tonight or tomorrow and post for everyone.

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
Here goes nothing!

The case is of good quality. It's fake leather-like material as you would expect from a $20 case. The stench is almost overpowering once removing it from the box it came in, but that soon dissipated. 15 hours out of the box and I can only smell it if I hold it up to my nose.

The corners are a smidge too tight. It doesn't matter for the upper corner elastics as they are just a piece of elastic with a leather bit. The "bottom" corners are the leather bits that aren't quite large enough ... yet. Maybe it'll stretch out with time?

Once closed I'm not worried about the unit falling out. It's much easier to carry around as I'm not as worried about it slipping from my grasp and falling.

The cover folds all the way back without any noticable buckling. I don't forsee any binding failures from that kind of use. I thought that bending the closure strap around and snapping it while open all the way around might prop it up a bit ... I was wrong ... it's still fairly flat.

Front:
$01 Front.jpg:

Back:
$02 Back.jpg

Bottom:
$03 Bottom.jpg

Open Side:
$04 Open side.jpg

Top:
$05 Top.jpg

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
Corners:
Top:
$13 corner top inside.jpg$14 corner top outside.jpg

Bottom:
$11 corner bottom inside.jpg$12 corner bottom outside.jpg

I guess it doesn't look so bad in the pics, but it's holding the tablet by such a little bit ...

It's definitely worth $20 if you don't need the stand function and want a "while-in-use" jacket.