Taking a Chance on a DX Case

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
It looks as if it offers solid protection and an easy way to get to case on/off. However, you can't stand the tablet in a useful position for typing or viewing. That is a killer for me.

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
It looks as if it offers solid protection and an easy way to get to case on/off. However, you can't stand the tablet in a useful position for typing or viewing. That is a killer for me.

That's why it's temporary for me! I'm waiting on the Navitech I ordered from Amazon ... initial reviews are poor ... but time will tell.

With all the companies that are starting to produce these cases, there's bound to be a winner. Hopefully sooner than later!

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
That's why it's temporary for me! I'm waiting on the Navitech I ordered from Amazon ... initial reviews are poor ... but time will tell.

With all the companies that are starting to produce these cases, there's bound to be a winner. Hopefully sooner than later!

But for this reason I went ahead and bought the Acer case. I'd really rather not get the device all scratched up....I might want to sell or gift it one day....

minotauri

Jun 7, 2011
I just got mine in the mail. It came quick. I like it. Nothing really to complain about so far except the smell. I was able to minimize the smell by making a mixture of water and baking soda and wiping it down with a cloth, and then letting it sit and then coming back with a mixture of baking soda, soap, and water to remove the residue of the baking soda powder. Baking soda is a odor remover ;)

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
I just got mine in the mail. It came quick. I like it. Nothing really to complain about so far except the smell. I was able to minimize the smell by making a mixture of water and baking soda and wiping it down with a cloth, and then letting it sit and then coming back with a mixture of baking soda, soap, and water to remove the residue of the baking soda powder. Baking soda is a odor remover ;)

Or you can save yourself the trouble and let it sit out a day to air out ... the smell dissipates on its own.