Taking the S7 apart

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
I am sure it is not soldered on as that would be more work than a slot. I wonder if it is even a Micro SD as they are far more expensive than standard SDs. I for one just wish we could get to 2.2, then who cares, just get a 16GB Micro in slot2.

TechRemedy

Jan 4, 2011
If it is going to be that difficult to take apart, it might not matter much if the internal SD card is an upgradable item.

Actually, I think it still matters. With the right instructions, many of us are willing to try even difficult tasks to improve our devices.

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
Not sure if you guys have seen this yet but about half way down the page there are some pics of the S7 guts!

Here-S7

It is not an English for but the pictures are great.

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
Is that a sd adapter in the first pic without a sd?

Very nice, would love to see these pics with details of each component.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

TechRemedy

Jan 4, 2011
Is that a sd adapter in the first pic without a sd?

Very nice, would love to see these pics with details of each component.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

If you are referring to the slot in the center on the bottom in the first pic...that's just the standard external MicroSD slot.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
And if you check each page (I think it's the third) someone has opened a unit and we has some photos of the innards!

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Had a few moments to spare and got further!
The two black vertical brushed metal looking strips on either side of the screen are held in place by double sided tape which can be carefully eased off without damage to reveal four T6 screws at each corner. The chrome band becomes more loose, but, I couldn't get any further. Ran out of time.

ebarcus

Jan 13, 2011
Ohhh Ive already started searching for my development S7... must take apart first

would be the bees knees to find the "on board" 8gb to be a SD card... 64gbs anyone? (two 32gb cards)

josiah1983

Jan 22, 2011
I know that words may not be proof enough, but I have taken my Ideos s7 apart. I removed all six screws from behind the battery cover, two screws from each side of the screen, pried the bezel up with a butter knife. I know that using a butter knife might be harsh, but I work for a Dell laptop repair warehouse here in Houston and I've used saw blades and my bear hands to tare open laptop testing cases. Anyways.... the bad news is that the internal storage is NOT upgradable. The Samsung chip is soldered to the pcb. The good news is that you might be able to upgrade your wireless signal by adding another antenna wire on the board. Laptops normally have both a white and black cable for wireless where as the Ideos only has a white cable, but there are both connectors available to attach the black cable as well. Everything is connected to the board with square socket plugs including the cameras, although I think that only the back camera would be upgradable because the front facing one also has the power button attached to it. When I have another hour to kill I will do my best to take pictures for everyone.