Task Manager

2wheelsagain

May 29, 2011
I got my 32gb A500 yesterday and it’s a love affair so far.

There appears to be quite a few Task Manages in the market but none as slick as the manager on my Samsung Galaxy phone. Any suggestions on what to download as a task manager or don’t these tabs need one?

I’m sure these questions have been asked before but I can’t seem to find them so I apologise if it’s being repeated.

Thanks in advance ;)

spexwood

May 11, 2011
You dont need a task manager. Android automatically closes apps if they have been running long with no activity.

CenturionFive

Dec 11, 2010
I cannot get used to the fact that the OS "handles" it for you. If I want to close an app by gum I want to close it. Even programs that have QUIT or EXIT options really do not close, they pretend too.

Cen5

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
this is one of those topics that ebb and flow. YES the new versions of the Android are much better at memory management and do a ton of work automatically. NO that does not mean you can also install a memory/task manager to use when and if you need it. I still put one on each of my devices, and while i may go weeks without using it, I do find that at least once or twice a month I fire it off, especially if you are using custom ROMs, and i believe it is mandatory if you run Betas or Alphas of ROMs.

that all being said, I personally tend to keep going back to Advanced Task Killer from rechild, available from the market.

cheers,
p

spexwood

May 11, 2011
For the record, I said you dont NEED a task manager. Yeah you can install one if you want, but it really isnt necessary unless you want to manually force close things. One of the things the OP asked is if one was NEEDED on these tablets. I was only answering the question.

2wheelsagain

May 29, 2011
For the record, I said you dont NEED a task manager. Yeah you can install one if you want, but it really isnt necessary unless you want to manually force close things. One of the things the OP asked is if one was NEEDED on these tablets. I was only answering the question.

Thanks all for the noob advice :) I had downloaded advanced task killer earlier and have since discovered nothing out of the ordinary running at a fresh boot so Honeycomb seems to handle apps pretty well. I'll keep ATK just in case though ;)