Zeki TBQG774B

disneyguy

Feb 24, 2015
Greetings!
I just bought 2 zeki tbqg774b tabs and have found hardly any info on working with them, fixing, updating, flashing or whatever for them even here.
Tthey are pretty cool little tabs. Well, one of them is at any rate...
One of them runs great and updated to Kit Kat with ease. However, the second is becoming a pain in my backside. It does a single boot loop and then (when it finally does boot) CONSTANTLY gives the error message that google play has stopped. Nothing wants to run right and I can hardly do any updating for it. No update comes up when I try. I have tried the backup reset option, I booted into recovery mode and cleared everything, with no luck. It keeps trying to connect to gmail with the previous owners info. (Need to try and clear that...) I think the previous idiot tried to play "I'm a 733t haxor" and screwed something up in the process. What I'd love to do is jut a full factory refresh wih a new image or a fresh update to Kit Kat if that is possible, but I have not found the image to do it with.
I know it's a long shot for the stepchild of the zeki brand, but any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance for any info,

Chance

disneyguy

Feb 24, 2015
So I got to thinking on this yesterday and today... I have a tablet that is already at 4.4.2 kit kat. Would it be possible to clone that image/rom/firmware as a backup and then restore it onto the other one? They are the same tab, so I figures it might be worth a shot. Anyone know how to do this?

mauricio999

Jul 21, 2015
So I got to thinking on this yesterday and today... I have a tablet that is already at 4.4.2 kit kat. Would it be possible to clone that image/rom/firmware as a backup and then restore it onto the other one? They are the same tab, so I figures it might be worth a shot. Anyone know how to do this?[/QUOT

I can help you! still need it?

disneyguy

Feb 24, 2015
Mauricio-

Yes! I still have the tablets and the second kind of sits there and loops. I reset the first since I was thinking about selling them, but if I can get them to work, I can put them to good use.

Thanks,

Chance

disneyguy

Feb 24, 2015
I'm pretty sure its not. I tried rooting it with kingo, but it didn't work. Is there a way to root this one?

mauricio999

Jul 21, 2015
ok, theres two options there, downloading Vroot with the first link and the viedo is the another.
Please reply the results

disneyguy

Feb 24, 2015
Tried the link and the video version, but neither of them rooted the Zeki. Back where I started...

disneyguy

Feb 24, 2015
Root checker and root check (and kingo app) all show it as rooted, but flashify isn't buying it. Is there another program that can create a backup like this? I have nandroid online installed, but don't know what to look for yet. They have an option called clockworkmod which I've heard about, but need to research. I'll read up on that. Thanks again for all the help!
-Chance

mauricio999

Jul 21, 2015
No problem. flashify isn't buying it because the app dosent have the permissions from the super user, install the "Super SU" app and then you will be available to use flashify.
Post your results please.