TC 970 freezing no matter what I do

jlane

Nov 14, 2012
I've had my TC 970 about 10 months with minimal problems and a few days ago, it suddenly displayed the android start up screen. I figured it had reset itself so I when through the set up procedure. I completed that but it always freezes up about 30 seconds into operation. I've tried the reset, the Vol+ and power off combination and connecting it to the pc but nothing I do will get it back to normal operation. It also seems to be loading some of the running apps and failing. I've also tried to contact Le pan but they haven't responded to my email, my trouble ticket or answered at the phone # given on the website.
I have a feeling that this could be corrected by someone with more knowledge about the tablet and I think its a software fix that would correct it.
Help!
Thanks

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Most likely it is caused by a buggy app or update you may have recently installed. Can you get it to start at all? If so try uninstalling any recently installed apps. If not do a factory data reset. With the tablet off hold down volume down (or up, I can't remember right now) then press and hold the power button. This should get you into the recovery menu. Do a factory data reset. This should return it to like new out of the box condition. You will lose any data such as pictures or music saved on the tablet.

jlane

Nov 14, 2012
Thanks Johna2u,
It didn't want to reset at first it kept on wanting to start up. I kept at it and finally got to the reset screen (It told me there was a bad firmware update) I lost all my saved data but that was still a better trade off to have my tablet back thanks again:cool: