TechVendetta ROM Developement

BingBangBoom

Sep 11, 2011
I'm sure it will- the issue is that i have been unable to find a clockworkmod recovery version that will load onto the tablet successfully (different versions claim they do but it never boots into it) - that makes the unsigned zip unusable. My tablet has full sized usb ports with no stock drivers to use with IUW - therefore I need my devolpment tools in order to use the recovery image you provided. Windows and IUW won't work if there's no communication between the tablet and the computer. IUW does have an option to load off of the sd card - which would work if IUW would recognize that there is an sd card inserted into the computer. :) I'm sure I'm not the only one having these same issues - If I hadn't messed with Ubuntu It would be working right now.
On a side note Ubuntu 11.10 suuuuuuuucks - it forced a removal of all the custom settings I had put together (the user interface has sucked for a while but previous versions allowed me to continue using my own interface) Is there any other user friendly-ish Linux environments available? Ubuntu is starting to bug me in the same way windows does.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Select classic mode at login. Also the secbulk driver should work. You need to hold home and menu and power till it hangs at infotm. Ill make a sdboot DD img if you still can't figure it out.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Tablet Forum

BingBangBoom

Sep 11, 2011
todays update removed classic mode as an option, it also removed different scripts that i use in my graphics programs. I'm getting close to getting the rom loaded -- I've got all the pieces - clockwork is just fine, when it goes to load the new rom it kicks me out. I wiped the disk back to the stock rom and i'm starting from a fresh slate, I'll keep you posted on where it goes from here

Last edited:

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
What rom are you referring to? All I released are two versions of cwr...

BingBangBoom

Sep 11, 2011
hmmm, I wiped everything off my internal memory as well as my sd card and did a factory reset using both the cwm factory reset and by pressing power/menu/back/screen. it now has a permanent copy of cwm v4.0.1.5 instead of the stock android recovery thats cool.

after i installed cwm when i rebooted the system it would start to load a rom, say load failure, then boot me into the stock system - thats gone now ... still weird

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
You prolly had a su binary zip or my cwr zip on sd.

BingBangBoom

Sep 11, 2011
Don't use logic on me. its strange and mysterious - no possible explanation. Hmff, programmers always with the logical statments

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I like to take things apart and see how it works, then put it back together and try to figure out #1: where that extra screw came from and #2: why it doesn't work anymore, when I didn't do anything but open the case.....

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Did Tech mention that he is programming the Sylvania tabs to take over the world? That they will strangle us in our sleep with their short little power cords, while jabbing our eyes out with the USB dongle and 2.5/3.5 audio adapter??? They may have to reboot several times and might lock up, so be patient.... for we shall all die soon!!! Muaaaahahahahaha~!