TechVendetta ROM Developement

Preceptor

Dec 27, 2011
Techvendetta, mate, I'm helping Hch porting uberoid to Eken InfoTIMC x210 based devices but so far we haven't been able to figure out the file system that the system.img uses. According to specifications it should be a gziped file with a uImage header. Inside the gziped file there should be a yaffs2 file system. But this tablet firmware is nothing like the specification. After the uImage header there is only a lot of zeroes until it reaches an unidentified data. Do you have any idea what it is? Can you help us out extracting the system.img. Thanks a lot.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Preceptor contact me on g+ ill get you sorted out.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Tablet Forum

Preceptor

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks mate. I apreciate it a lot, but I dont have google +.
Can we talk by IRC?
Thanks again for your time

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Ill try to be available on irc via #techvendetta on freenode.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Tablet Forum

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
If you had spent the time to read this thread as well as my documentation thread you would know that CM7 gave me some troubles and was highly unusable on these devices since infotm refuses to give us source for some things, however, I have moved on to CM9 which has a possible workaround. However, all ICS repos are currently experiencing various repo syncing issues.

zannyuk

Dec 23, 2011
Thankyou for your hard work, reading this i think it may just be of help to us m7206/m799ca 7" tablet owners running the same chipset. I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labour.

buzz86us

Dec 24, 2011
Thankyou for your hard work, reading this i think it may just be of help to us m7206/m799ca 7" tablet owners running the same chipset. I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labour.

i hope to see the fruits of your labor as well it would be awesome if this tablet got ics at the same time as my hp touchpad.
Can't wait to see what you have in store for us cheapie tablet owners. Wish you could liscense it to the chinese tablet makers on aliexpress.

Last edited:

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
"Once 50,000 US visitors have signed our pledge below, XDA will return. The current pledge count is: 30375"

Anyone know their battery mah capacity? Please say what model and what the full capacity mah is. This will help fine tune power configs.

v_ger

Nov 26, 2011
Second hand info, but per the Sylvania Digital Gadgets page my STABEX7-2 has a 1400 mAh battery.

nasomi

Jan 18, 2012
Wow, this is kind of badass, and kind of ironic as I just installed ICS on my hp touchpad today with cm9, I just bought a sylvania 7" today at a door buster for $69, and would love to see ICS on it. If there's anything I can do let me know. Cheers.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Well if they get it done before me, we'll have a cm9 version shortly after.