TechVendetta ROM Developement

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
ill try flashing it, but back on gingerbread the issue wasnt getting it to boot, but rather making it usable. I.E. graphics acceleration, drawing, wifi, touch calibration, etc. I was able to patch touch cal. and drawing and got wifi partially working, but graphic acceleration seemed to stump me without proper sources. ICS sounds like it should have a cherry pickable fix for that by using the emulators graphics emulation method. I just have a weird bug google introduced into the source, which made me rebase my repo off cm9, now I'm still porting the old gb fixes to cm9 since I just got out of the hospital a short while ago.

mre123

Mar 4, 2012
Thnks man......does this ROM work on Disgo 7000 ? i am desperate to get this rooted and install CWM on it.

ill try flashing it, but back on gingerbread the issue wasnt getting it to boot, but rather making it usable. I.E. graphics acceleration, drawing, wifi, touch calibration, etc. I was able to patch touch cal. and drawing and got wifi partially working, but graphic acceleration seemed to stump me without proper sources. ICS sounds like it should have a cherry pickable fix for that by using the emulators graphics emulation method. I just have a weird bug google introduced into the source, which made me rebase my repo off cm9, now I'm still porting the old gb fixes to cm9 since I just got out of the hospital a short while ago.

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Yo Tech, sorry to hear you were in the hospital man, hope it wasn't anything terribly serious. Glad to see you're out though.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Collapsed lung, put me a bit behind in other stuff, but I'm working on getting caught up in homework, testing and porting now. As for the eken, a straight flash on the imap board I have didn't work, wouldn't boot or adb post. Ill try kanging it later, but right now I'm working on my cm9 repo build. Once I get it compiling and somewhat stable, I might drop the source on github or somewhere.

Owyn

Mar 6, 2012
Sorry to hear that you've not been well. I've read quite alot of the thread, some very good work. I just got a disgo 7000 and wondered how I would know if a rom would work on it? I think I have a lot more reading to do before I give a rom a whirl. I will have a look tonight at my 7000 and see if I can work out which sylvania it's the same as.

Keep up the good work :)

mre123

Mar 4, 2012
Sorry to hear that you've not been well. I've read quite alot of the thread, some very good work. I just got a disgo 7000 and wondered how I would know if a rom would work on it? I think I have a lot more reading to do before I give a rom a whirl. I will have a look tonight at my 7000 and see if I can work out which sylvania it's the same as.

Keep up the good work :)

Hey even i am looking for a ROM for this.......rooted it but nothing further !!

First step will be install Clock mode recovery and then find some ROM if there is !!

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
sylvania and icans just follow my release comments in the documentation thread for recovery but don't expect much beyond working backup and restore. Flashing rooms works about 50% of the time. Assuming you have something close enough to execute.

Which brings me to my update, my last repo sync killed my arch changes so having not realized until now I was very confused.

Repatched.
Recompiling.
-.-

Last edited:

mre123

Mar 4, 2012
Could not find it anywhere......can you post the thread to install recovery on disgo 7000 ? Thanks mate

sylvania and icans just follow my release comments in the documentation thread for recovery but don't expect much beyond working backup and restore. Flashing rooms works about 50% of the time. Assuming you have something close enough to execute.

Which brings me to my update, my last repo sync killed my arch changes so having not realized until now I was very confused.

Repatched.
Recompiling.
-.-

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
I don't have a disgo device so as stated in my documentation thread, which is linked in my signature, someone will have to flash it via otg and report back. My primary target is sylvania devices and Ican devices since we test on them. However due to the similarities disgo devices may also support the recovery and any alphas we release. If the recovery doesn't mount properly it can be patched if a tester can output the files mentioned in that documentation thread. Also note non keyboard recovery is not built since rom dev is top priority at the moment.

Clear enough now?

mre123

Mar 4, 2012
Thnks. :eek:

I don't have a disgo device so as stated in my documentation thread, which is linked in my signature, someone will have to flash it via otg and report back. My primary target is sylvania devices and Ican devices since we test on them. However due to the similarities disgo devices may also support the recovery and any alphas we release. If the recovery doesn't mount properly it can be patched if a tester can output the files mentioned in that documentation thread. Also note non keyboard recovery is not built since rom dev is top priority at the moment.

Clear enough now?

buzz86us

Dec 24, 2011
I am unfortunately out of the game on this tablet after getting baited and switched with a crappy shenzen tablet by SVP even though the auction showed the standard Sylvania. I just got a Hyundai A7.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
New sylvania recovery release in a few hours, then a possible way to flash for the upgraded devices that wont go otg anymore.

NEW FEATURES:
No more need for an external keyboard
Fixed the warnings and mount issues