Developer
Aug 17, 2011
CWR for infotm(ic) / Sylvania:

Hey look, I actually finished it:
NEW FEATURES:
No more need for an external keyboard
Fixed the warnings and mount issues
More ui candy
Background code for ota updates (in future)
various other small tweaks

Here's the new recovery ramdisk: recvrd_32712 - Minus
Flash it with iuw as RECVRD.
If you cant find the button combo for your model to boot recovery, then you need to root it, install a terminal and type su [enter] reboot recovery

Tested on Sylvania 7" (sytabex7) and iCan 10"

sdbootable method coming soon for devices that lost otg mode.
Screens will be up later today.
Enjoy.

SCREENS:

$screen1.JPG

$screen2.JPG

Last edited:

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
I just tried this out on my SYTAB10ST and it doesn't like it. I'm able to flash the ramdisk via IUW. The flash says that it is successful and screen says to pull out the OTG line and restart. I do this. After the tablet loads, I run the commands in terminal. It restarts, but doesn't ever pull up the recovery.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
I just tried this out on my SYTAB10ST and it doesn't like it. I'm able to flash the ramdisk via IUW. The flash says that it is successful and screen says to pull out the OTG line and restart. I do this. After the tablet loads, I run the commands in terminal. It restarts, but doesn't ever pull up the recovery.

You made sure to flash it as RECVRD and not as ramdisk, right? If so, I'll need a copy of your current recovery ramdisk from one of your ius's, extracted via iusedit.

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
You made sure to flash it as RECVRD and not as ramdisk, right? If so, I'll need a copy of your current recovery ramdisk from one of your ius's, extracted via iusedit.

Yes, I did use the RECVRD. Under Expert Burn, that is the only thing checked. Inside of Ius Editor I only show 4 images, RD, NOT_USED, LK,, and ADR_AS. Attached is RD. I'm assuming that is what you need. If not, you can go to this thread here where the files are: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/27095-sytab10st-extracted-update-images.html

View attachment $ramdisk.zip

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
So far it sounds like your model got canned shortly after it was released. Its only had one software release, which is a kang off the first version of the sytabex7. From my understanding, the U0 binary, which you should never mess with, is in charge of low level device mapping and otg. So your U0 has a updater.img instead of a recovery ramdisk like all the other models. iuw doesnt have the preset for where to push updater.img so we have a few possible solutions, 1) make a bootable sd, place the recovery in the android folder after renaming it "updater.img" also rename another copy as "recovery_rd.img" I'll be releasing an sd installer eventually here once I get a bootloop worked out on the 7lp. 2) try flashing a uboot from the sytabex7, be sure its uboot NOT u0 and insure you have your original on hand also try the kernel, then try flashing the recovery if one or both of those take. 3) cat /proc/mtd and cat /proc/mount and report back.

arvatech

Mar 30, 2012
CWR for infotm(ic) / Sylvania:

Hey look, I actually finished it:
NEW FEATURES:
No more need for an external keyboard
Fixed the warnings and mount issues
More ui candy
Background code for ota updates (in future)
various other small tweaks

Here's the new recovery ramdisk: recvrd_32712 - Minus
Flash it with iuw as RECVRD.
If you cant find the button combo for your model to boot recovery, then you need to root it, install a terminal and type su [enter] reboot recovery

Tested on Sylvania 7" (sytabex7) and iCan 10"

sdbootable method coming soon for devices that lost otg mode.
Screens will be up later today.
Enjoy.

My heavens goodness, my man! This is a wonderful thank-you present!! Woop Development!

Last edited:

alyle5864

Apr 1, 2012
Okay, I'm new to this tablet modding thing. i have a SYTABEX7-2 and would like to try this but I'm confused on how to "flash" this thing. Is there a correspondants course or something that can walk me through this????

LSWONE

Dec 30, 2010
Wow thanks for sharing!!!!
I think I am missing something, is this a new ROM? I just get the option in your first screenshot but it does not find the .zip file.

Thanks for all your time and hard work.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
IUW is not recognizing my freaking tablet.... Waiting on sdbootable...

Tried on Win7 and XP

Last edited:

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
This is just recovery mapped to the two buttons with support for future stuff. Working on sdboot and on an ics based rom. That is, between the mounds of homework. The iuw link is the guide we have had here, I just didn't want to re-explain the process. Just flash the recovery alone if otg mode works on your tab, theres a bug in sd recovery flashing so I'm playing with work-arounds. And don't expect much out of me this week, I reach US drinking age the 6th.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Are you using 32-bit? I know it would not see it for me when on Win7 x64. Switched to my Win7 32-bit and it worked.

32bit on both. It was looking for a driver, but never found one. I AM having win7 issues due to a re-install (saying it isnt a valid windows 7 installation) I borrowed a copy from a friend and reset the license to mine and now I get the freaking "You might be a victim of counterfitting" crap. So I am going to try my laptop.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Same on laptop. It keeps telling me that my Oscilloscope is missing a driver......OWON Technology LTD