TechVendetta ROM Developement

kmcdroid

Apr 30, 2012
does anyone have the system.ius from a synet7lp-ds model? I'm having issues getting the IUW to burn it as a recovery image via the OTG (can't get into OTG) mode.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
does anyone have the system.ius from a synet7lp-ds model? I'm having issues getting the IUW to burn it as a recovery image via the OTG (can't get into OTG) mode.

1) Don't hijack my thread
2) You want zsys.img
3) If you lack otg, you must sd restore
4) Since you must sd restore, and 3finger reset doesn't work, there is no zsys, so you must use iuw to burn to sd the proper update
5) Read other threads / Post in the proper area.

Thanks!

arvatech

Mar 30, 2012
Added this to my site and the documentation thread: LinuxFinal.pdf - Minus

Yeah, Hi TV...that was a good quick paper!! I only counted two mispellings. I can almost use this PDF to manually upgrade my FlytouchII with a matching recovery, although in the past I've had a hard time getting them to like each other.

The one thing I would ask...is it possible for you to include stuff like button mapping guidance and links to FSTAB manuals in an extra-long references section? This document is sooo much easier on the eyes than surfing your forum. Awesome!!

Thanks again (although I don't know how to "Thanks" here).

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
If you want more help I'm very reachable via Google plus. I may add more to the document as I start cleaning parts of my source tree in preparation to upload it when it works well enough.

KhaineUK

May 12, 2012
Ok, tried installing this on my Disgo 6000 tablet (flashed with 11.2.0.6.2.0_beta3.ius for a SYNET7LP tablet so I now run Android 2.2).

Three-Finger salute just boots the tablet into it's standard recovery mode. I reflashed the recvrd_32712 file after recovery completed, re-rooted and ran a terminal emulator. Performed su reboot recovery as per your instructions, and the tablet just rebooted back into Android 2.2... no recovery mode.

I'm guessing it might have something to do with the fact I'm using a 2.2 ROM from another tablet, but if there's any testing or information I can supply, let me know.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
It might be the 2.2 rom, a few tablets had updates that screwed with the recovery partition, adding an updater system instead. I have one or two theories on how to possibly get these types to play ball with my recovery, but I'm now focusing more on getting an ICS alpha out.

KhaineUK

May 12, 2012
That's fair enough... I'd be much more interested in running ICS on these tablets since I started playing around with it on my Atrix!

Figured the ROM might be the problem though. :) I suspect the semi-brick tablet I've got probably had Android 2.2 then since Clockwork Mod doesn't run on that either.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
The way I implemented it was to use the existing recovery partition and over write the either limited or blank recover most firmwares have. However some tablets either have no recovery partition, or had it changed to an updater partition by a later firmware update. The first release I make will be in both img and zip. There will be a custom ramdisk required as well it seems, however I will include an updater in the release that should be able to update automatically after the initial flash. As always I'll keep you all very updated on things.

KhaineUK

May 12, 2012
Well I was cheeky and followed you on twitter, plus I've got this page in my favourites, so I'll make sure to check for updates.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
I wish more people over here in the states used words like "cheeky" haha. The good news is, now that I have the loading process down I'm updating the ICS source to 4.0.3 and making a proper device setup and should have a repo up a bit before, or a little after a highly unstable alpha test build for those who have been closely following what I've been doing.

KhaineUK

May 12, 2012
Well when he's prepared to release something for people to try out, I might give it a whirl on this semi-brick tablet I've got to see if it'll fire into life.

If I can resurrect that, I'm more than happy to throw things at it as a test bed. :) Finally got ICS on my Motorola Atrix (using CM9) and I love it. Would love to see it running on one of these tablets.

catshazam

May 18, 2012
Is there any word on the rom for the sylvania 7 inch tablet? Been looking all over for one but can not seem to find one. Is there any posted? I saw a video on you tube that seemed to show it running but could not find any download links. New to android but used clockwork rom manager and rom toolbox on my evo 4g and can change roms easily on it. Tried to install the clockwork rom on the sylvanyia 7 inch but would not let let me flash the recovery onto it. Not sure what to do about it now. Was thinking if I could get a clockwork recovery on it I could just try flashing various cyanogen mods to see if anyone of them worked. Since I can not seem to install the clockwork recovery on the sylvania 7 inch tablet I guess that's out. Has anyone been able to flash a clockwork recovery on this sylvania 7 inch tablet? If so is there any instructions on how to do that on the web, maybye a link perhaps? I have been trying to make this little tablet into a reader for my wife and it has been frustrating. Has a issue on it where it get the wifi connection for about 4 min or so then i have to turn off the wifi on the tablet and turn it back on to make it work. I was so impressed by all the mod offerings on the evo 4g that I thought it would be great to change the mod on this 7 inch. I have read a lot of posts but not found any workable rom yet.

Last edited: