TechVendetta ROM Developement

gears177

Jun 21, 2012
I'm going to guess you are either running a 64bit windows version, or the driver wasn't installed, or your model has otg disabled. I don't have some variations of these devices so I only really can say what others tell me works or doesn't work. There was a discussion of iuw awhile back in this thread that may help. If you cant otg on your tablet, then youll need a bootable sd to flash it. HOWEVER when I try to flash recovery via sd on the other tablet I have (7lp if I remember correctly) it prevents the system from booting properly.

ok lol i tried burning it on another pc didnt work im going to try to boot it on a vm 32 bit system see if that helps any....any way i can tell if otg is disabelled? and i wanted to go the bootable sdcard way but must be a ius file is there anyway that it would be able to flash the recovery using a bootable sdcard? thanks again

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
I'm off work in two hours. I have a sdcard image that let's you flash any individual image. If I can shrink it I'll upload it tonight.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
I have had recovery and the image tools released for some time now. I also have a modified stock rom my friend and I use. My focus however is ICS right now. Eventually I'll finish my tablet updater and allow other devs to have their roms in it similar to rom manager only with img's instead of zips.

Edit: this was a reply to a now deleted post which was ridiculous in context of this thread.

Last edited:

gears177

Jun 21, 2012
I have had recovery and the image tools released for some time now. I also have a modified stock rom my friend and I use. My focus however is ICS right now. Eventually I'll finish my tablet updater and allow other devs to have their roms in it similar to rom manager only with img's instead of zips.
sweet ill be waiting ;) its good that devs dont forget some of the unknown or lower end devices good job :)

gears177

Jun 21, 2012
Bootable sd release

Click above to read the release notes and download what you need (or click "Documentation" in my sig)

Alright a couple things im unclear i dont have ramdisk.img and if i do do this then will i always have recovery or only until i take the micro sd card out? thanks again...also is there any known custom roms for the sytab7mx my friend is stuck on 2.2 and wants a custom rom so was wandering thanks again;) ive been researching trying to find one but no luck :confused:

EDIT i found ramdisk i tried sticking the micro sd card in without changing file names and just went to reboot recovery but now every time it loads up it get stuck at the sylvania loge screen i think i messed up :( i typed it in via terminal emulator whenever i stick the micro sd card in it says burning system file then take out micro sd

Last edited:

gears177

Jun 21, 2012
Alright a couple things im unclear i dont have ramdisk.img and if i do do this then will i always have recovery or only until i take the micro sd card out? thanks again...also is there any known custom roms for the sytab7mx my friend is stuck on 2.2 and wants a custom rom so was wandering thanks again;) ive been researching trying to find one but no luck :confused:

EDIT i found ramdisk i tried sticking the micro sd card in without changing file names and just went to reboot recovery but now every time it loads up it get stuck at the sylvania loge screen i think i messed up :( i typed it in via terminal emulator whenever i stick the micro sd card in it says burning system file then take out micro sd

is there anyway i can just flash the stock ius as i think ive bricked it :(

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
As long as it turns on its not bricked. The Mx might be like the 7lp in that recovery doesn't work with the stock rom. Can you give a clear step by step of what you've done?

gears177

Jun 21, 2012
As long as it turns on its not bricked. The Mx might be like the 7lp in that recovery doesn't work with the stock rom. Can you give a clear step by step of what you've done?

yes i created a bootable sd card by burning the .img to it but didnt add anything or change any file names just left it as it would be after freshly being burned.. then i stuck it in the tablet went to a terminal emulator typed in reboot revovery it updated said burning file system then just hangs at the logo.....updates and burns filesystem everytime i boot with micro sd card in if it isnt just hangs on the sylvania logo:confused:

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
That's identical to the bug the 7lp and "updater partition" disgos. I'm still looking into it but you can recover by reflashing the stock firmware as I mentioned.

gears177

Jun 21, 2012
That's identical to the bug the 7lp and "updater partition" disgos. I'm still looking into it but you can recover by reflashing the stock firmware as I mentioned.

sweet thanks :) but what if i dont have the stock firmware is there anyway i can get the stock ius and flash it with iuw tools or with the sdcard?

Last edited:

gears177

Jun 21, 2012
Thought I posted this a while back: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-infotmic-hardware-ids-hwver-updates-ius.html

That will help you fetch a stock ius for your device. You can then extract individual ramdisk, system, userdata and kernel images (rename kernel.img to uImage) usig iusedit (found here on android tablets)

I dont understand though if the device wont go past the logo how will it work? i thought you had to type this into an android terminal emulator i dont want to be a bother but i dont trust myself to find the right .ius can anyone help me maybe a dl link for one...sorry for being such a bother :/ doesnt have to be stock ius anything thatll breath life into this tab i messed up:

Last edited: