Teclast P85 currently just a shiny paperweight :(

marx

Sep 24, 2012
My Teclast P85 tablet constantly comes up with a "Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped".

Does this indicate that the Android OS is buggy? What can I do to make it usable --how can it be fixed?

Perhaps I should contact McBub.com, I bought it there.

Any insight appreciated. I'm a guy with no computer/high tech background.

Thanks for your consideration!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I can only think of one thing for you to try. Go to settings - apps - all and find that process. Tap it and tell it to clear the cache and anything else that's there, then force close (or stop) and restart your tablet.

marx

Sep 24, 2012
I can only think of one thing for you to try. Go to settings - apps - all and find that process. Tap it and tell it to clear the cache and anything else that's there, then force close (or stop) and restart your tablet.

Thank you for your help, leeshor!

I looked for the process under settings - apps - all and couldn't find it.

I have really not been able to use the tablet, and have done nothing with it since getting it in the mail.

Soooo, I jumped to resetting it to factory settings. Never really added anything, so nothing to lose, I figure.

Sure didn't consider that it is a native Chinese machine, LOL.

Yes, I have gotten English back as the interface language. I'll use it a bit and let you know how that came out, if the message still appears...

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If it said the process stopped it should be there, possibly not by that exact name. I would check again to be certain.

Last edited:

marx

Sep 24, 2012
the "android.process.acore has stop" error is a auto-sync problem either on calendar or contacts.

what you can try is do the ff:

Goto Settings > Apps > All
Tap Calendar/CalendarProvider and tap Force Stop > Clear Data
Tap Contacts/ContactsProvider and tap Force Stop > Clear Data
Tap Google Services Framework and tap Force Stop > Clear Data
Reboot. If it still persist, you may have to re-install Google Gapps

I'll run through the steps you offer, ivanz.

Funny thing- the problem was gone after I did the reset.

But I wanted apps, that means googleplay. I set that up, tried to dowload an app (unsuccessfully I'll add) and next thing that freakin message starts appearing again.

Let me get to work on it ;)

Thanks, ivanz!

marx

Sep 24, 2012
Ran through the steps you outlined, ivanz -- the problem persists.

How do I re-install google apps?