Telefunken Tel7J Internet Connection

Juris

Nov 2, 2011
Hiya everybody, I am very very new to all this type of thing as at the age of 64 I have decided to come out of my mushroom cave and enter the computer age. Yes, believe it or not - I have been avoiding it but I have taken the bit between my teeth and plunged right in. I purchased a Telefunken Tel7J yesterday except the setting up of the internet connection. Everything seems perfect inc luding the W-Fi settin gs and connection to BigPond using my SSID & WPA - shows the signal stength to be perfect, connects and then disconnects ... where I have gone wrong (besides taking this giant leap into a new world). I would be most grateful for any help at all.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Juris, welcome to the forum and congratulations on that new tablet as well as the courage it took to get it.:) Those Telefunken tablets seem to be getting very popular in Australia. Several of the new members from there have them. I'm moving your post to the Android Tablet Q&A section of the forum where someone should be able to help you with your WiFi problem. Good luck!

Annielouise

Dec 22, 2011
Hi Juris are you are to help me? I also have the same tablet as you, my partner gave to me as an early xmas pressie and i am trying to connect to the net via my telstra pre-paid USB stick! Are you able to halp me?

Thanks

April09

Dec 27, 2011
Hi i have this tablet too. I tried connecting with the prepaid Telstra usb with no luck i also tried with a friends Wifi n it wouldn't let me i think something to do with different security settings. I now have a Telstra prepaid wifi and it works perfectly!!

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Android Tablet Forum

Sparkle

Jan 9, 2012
Hi There,
I also have a telefunken tablet.
My Wifi connection was also disconnecting. I rebooted and it is fine.
I turn off wifi when not on the internet to save the battery.
I also downloaded the kindle app ,and can access kindle books.Only takes a few minutes to download.
I like this little tablet.I am having a lot of fun.
It does everything I want it to do
Sparkle

Stormageddon

Feb 6, 2012
The Wi-Fi on mine seems to work fine mostly. I did get a couple dropouts at first but once I set up a static IP address for it it seems to have stopped.

Doubt the OP will read this. I'm a bit late. But I'll post it here just in case he comes back or for others who may be having a problem.

Note: The IP addresses I'm giving you for this are just suggestions. I don't know how your network is set up so these may not work if the defaults are changed. If you changed the IP address range in your router, then you'd have to change the numbers I'm giving you based on that. These are just using the defaults that most routers use.

Go to the Wireless Settings page. Hit the Menu button and click "advanced", should take you to a new page with more options. Click "Use static IP" so it's got the green check mark then click IP Address. Enter an IP address you want to use, try around 192.168.1.100 so there's less chance of a conflict. Click "Gateway" and enter the IP of your router 192.168.1.1 (again, assuming you haven't changed it). Net mask would most likely be 255.255.255.0 And you should be able to get your DNS 1 and 2 from one of your router's configuration pages or if you can't find it there your ISP's website would probably tell you.

You should also change your router so that the IP address you use for the droid will be reserved by the router. Can't really tell you how to do that as I don't know what router you have.

Also note that I'm unsure if this will make it stop disconnecting. I've only had mine a few days. So far it seems to have worked though, no disconnect yet since I've done this. However, it won't hurt to do it anyway so its worth a try. If it does mess up your connection (like if you used the numbers I gave you and the defaults were changed) you can always go back to that page and uncheck the "Use static IP" setting and delete the other stuff.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

asussiblue

Mar 19, 2012
I'm on Bigpond Cable using a D-Link DIR 632 Router and it works fine using the settings as follows:

Incoming POP Server: mail.bigpond.com
Incoming POP Mail: Port 110
Outgoing SMTP Server: mail.bigpond.com
Outgoing SMTP Port: 25
Incoming Uses SSL : Off (required)
Outgoing Using SSL: Off (required)
Authentication Outgoing Server (SMTP) authentication: off

Last edited:

asussiblue

Mar 19, 2012
[h=1]Or To quote Bigpond https://bigpond.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/672/kw/android/session/L3RpbWUvMTMzMjIxOTg2My9zaWQvYVdRU2d4VGs%3D

"Email settings summary[/h]
To access your BigPond email account, from an email program such as Outlook, you need to use the following settings:
For customers who have BigPond Email ® with Windows Live®. Available to all NEW customers who connected on or after 10 February 2012.
Not sure if you are on the BigPond Email with Windows Live service? Check now.
INCOMING SERVER SETTINGS

• POP Server: pop3.live.com
  • Security: This server requires a secure connection (SSL)
  • Port: Default SSL Port 995
OUTGOING SERVER SETTINGS

• SMTP Server: smtp.live.com
  • Security: This server requires a secure connection (TLS or SSL Encryption depending on the mail client you’re using)
    • If you are currently using Outlook, Mac Mail, iPhones, Windows Phones, Android’s please use TLS.
  • Port: Default TLS Port 587
IMPORTANT – ALSO BE SURE TO:

• Tick the box indicating outgoing server requires authentication (in most email clients, this is not selec ted by default).
  • Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) with the POP and SMTP connection, and SMTP authentication for security.
All other customers will be updated to Bigpond Email with Windows Live during 2012 and can use the below settings until that time:

• Incoming (POP3) mail server: mail.bigpond.com
  • Outgoing (SMTP) mail server: mail.bigpond.com
  • Username: Your full BigPond email address (e.g. [email protected] or [email protected])
  • Password: Your email password
Secure Password Authentication (SPA) should be unselected or unticked, if you're asked.
For Customers who are on BigPond Windows Live platform you can send and receive email messages via your browser or using an email client.

ACCESS TO EMAIL USING YOUR WEB BROWSER

1. Go to messaging.bigpond.com
  2. Enter your BigPond username (or email address)
  3. Enter your password, then click ‘Log in’.
ACCESS TO EMAIL USING YOUR EMAIL CLIENT
As an alternative to webmail, you can use email ‘client’ software on your computer or mobile device. Common examples of these include Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird and Apple Mail.
You’ll find step-by-step instructions for popular email clients at bigpond.com/email-update

HELP KEEP YOUR EMAIL SECURE.
Stay Cyber Safe, visit our internet and cyber safety pages, go to: www.telstra.com.au/abouttelstra/advice/internet/
Before you start accessing your email, consider BigPond Security for Windows Desktops at bigpond.com/security or Lookout Mobile Security for Android at mylookout.com/telstra

asussiblue

Mar 19, 2012
Or To quote Bigpond https://bigpond.custhelp.com/app/an...sion/L3RpbWUvMTMzMjIxOTg2My9zaWQvYVdRU2d4VGs=

"Email settings summary

To access your BigPond email account, from an email program such as Outlook, you need to use the following settings:
For customers who have BigPond Email ® with Windows Live®. Available to all NEW customers who connected on or after 10 February 2012.
Not sure if you are on the BigPond Email with Windows Live service? Check now.
INCOMING SERVER SETTINGS

• POP Server: pop3.live.com
  • Security: This server requires a secure connection (SSL)
  • Port: Default SSL Port 995
OUTGOING SERVER SETTINGS

• SMTP Server: smtp.live.com
  • Security: This server requires a secure connection (TLS or SSL Encryption depending on the mail client you’re using)
    • If you are currently using Outlook, Mac Mail, iPhones, Windows Phones, Android’s please use TLS.
  • Port: Default TLS Port 587
IMPORTANT – ALSO BE SURE TO:

• Tick the box indicating outgoing server requires authentication (in most email clients, this is not selec ted by default).
  • Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) with the POP and SMTP connection, and SMTP authentication for security.
All other customers will be updated to Bigpond Email with Windows Live during 2012 and can use the below settings until that time:

• Incoming (POP3) mail server: mail.bigpond.com
  • Outgoing (SMTP) mail server: mail.bigpond.com
  • Username: Your full BigPond email address (e.g. [email protected] or [email protected])
  • Password: Your email password
Secure Password Authentication (SPA) should be unselected or unticked, if you're asked.
For Customers who are on BigPond Windows Live platform you can send and receive email messages via your browser or using an email client.

ACCESS TO EMAIL USING YOUR WEB BROWSER

1. Go to messaging.bigpond.com
  2. Enter your BigPond username (or email address)
  3. Enter your password, then click ‘Log in’.
ACCESS TO EMAIL USING YOUR EMAIL CLIENT
As an alternative to webmail, you can use email ‘client’ software on your computer or mobile device. Common examples of these include Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird and Apple Mail.
You’ll find step-by-step instructions for popular email clients at bigpond.com/email-update

HELP KEEP YOUR EMAIL SECURE.
Stay Cyber Safe, visit our internet and cyber safety pages, go to: www.telstra.com.au/abouttelstra/advice/internet/
Before you start accessing your email, consider BigPond Security for Windows Desktops at bigpond.com/security or Lookout Mobile Security for Android at mylookout.com/telstra