Telefunken TEL7J WIFI Settings

Sooz.QQ

Nov 14, 2011
Hi I have an Android Telefunken TEL7J that connects to my wireless modem and internet wonderfully, however when i go to visit my mum she has a computer that is connected to the internet through an ethernet cable and the computer has wifi on it, so we created a wfii network to share the internet connection that i can connect to through my laptop fine, however my TEL7J wont connect, it doesnt even see it as a possible connection, and when we manually add it to the list of networks it just says out of range.
Does anyone know what we are doing wrong and how we fix this?
I have also set up my samsung omnia phone as a hotspot that other laptops can connect to but again the TEL7J doesnt see it as a connection.
This is very frustrating as everything else works except the android tablet and as im new to tablets i can not work out what else to try.
Thanks to anyone that can help
Cheers
Sooz

longbich

Dec 1, 2011
Hi Sooz, Have you tried hooking up on one of the free WiFi sites like Macca's? Maybe the problem is at your mum's.
I have one of these too. I just found that if I load anything into my SD cards they will not go online. I had to move them back to the device.
What I want to do is download books onto the SD card but I can't figure this out yet.

temeyer

Dec 10, 2011
Hi have bought a Telefunken 7" tablet for my Mum who wants to be able to keep up with the pics of the great grand kids interstate and have a bit of a play. There does not seem to be a lot of information int he booklet and while I understand PC's this is all new to me. I'm a bit of a technical numpty when it comes to Wi Fi also. I have Wifi at home set up by router so she can use it when here...how do you use it if there is no Wifi available (ie: not freely accessible) She does not have a PC at home. 1. Can you arrange WiFi connection at a house without a PC to connect to? 2. Do these tablets take prepaid WiFi connections via USB port??? Can you please help me..I don't want her to be disappointed thiniking she will be able to do all these things if she can't! Thanks

Trambore7777

Dec 10, 2011
Hi
Depending on your WI-FI setup you may have to turn off static IP on the tablet, Your Wirless router then assigns an automated IP address, 2) make sure Mobile WiFi is turned off on the Tablet as well, all of these settings can be found in SETTINGS, but also check the instruction booklet, it is simple but effective once deciphered the so well translated to english instructions ?
Had Similair prob, mine sorted with above setting changes. Hope this Helps :)

steve61

Dec 26, 2011
Hi - I to have a TEL7J however I cannot connect to the internet. The wifi symbol says connected but there is a litle cross on the symbol next to the wifi and I think this may be the problem ? Can you pls help ? Thanks

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The red X means the network adapter is not on or not connected. Have you gone into Settings and Network connections to see if it can see any network connections? If not, it is one of three things.
1. Your network adapter is bad (weak or just bad)
2. You have not configured your adapter to be on or connect
3. Your adapter is not compatible with the Router.
Test by going to a Coffeeshop or somewhere with free WiFi. If nothing? then return it. You have to manually choose and connect by going to Setting, Network and connect
Some networks are protected and will not be functional without the passcode.
Hi - I to have a TEL7J however I cannot connect to the internet. The wifi symbol says connected but there is a litle cross on the symbol next to the wifi and I think this may be the problem ? Can you pls help ? Thanks

jj9

Jul 3, 2012
Hi my name is Jimmy,I conceive this problem always persisting with me.When ever I wanna connect to any of my Apps,for example my Facebook,It shows me that I have network problems.So my question is that what do I have to buy or to do to have it working?Or do I have to buy a modem or do I have to fix my Wi-Fi settings or my Network plz help me