Temporary 7015a Charger Using AA Batteries

Wilson

May 26, 2011
Been looking at the forum for some time, finally decided to jump in.

I recently was on a long airplane trip and my battery ran out 30 minutes from the end of a movie, I just built a 4 cell AA battery booster for my 7015A using the end from an extra charger I had. Not looking for a full charge just a short boost when away from power.

Anyone see an issue with this? i.e. harm to the device.

Thanks

Apr 28, 2011
Yes the battery life on these devices are bad. If u wanna find out the harm this could be doing, Look at your device charger specs, and compare them to the charger u made. If any of your chargers specs is higher than the one on the original charger, then you should not use the charger. If they are under, it should be ok since it is not overriding anything with electricity. Your idea is good as long as it works. Also remember, the battery is only good for ~300 charges before needing replaced.

If u want to improve ur battery very well, download and install the gingerbread IMG. It is a IMG for the Kyros that is android 2.3. If you are relatively new, and bad with technology, (With that i mean rooting and custom ROMs). then i do not recommended this. If your tablet is not rooted, do not attempt this. You need your tablet rooted, and clockworkmod installed. You can find more on this in other threads.

Gingerbread drastically improves battery life. Someone posted on a thread that they used the tablet for 6hours, and still had most of their battery. I can only get about 5 hours and its dead. I am running tipstir's Honeycomb ROM.

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
ChocolateTouch,

Your post stated that the battery is only good for ~300 charges, do you know where we can buy additional batteries? The way I use mine, I am afraid it is not going to last a year...

Thanks!

Apr 28, 2011
driggs,
I found here in this thread that there are a few ppl that posted links for battery upgrades.
I have not tried one of these, but plan on when my battery goes bad.
Like u said about the battery lasting a year, mine will probably not either.
I just flashed to HC ROM and love it. I have used this thing more 2nite, than i have in a week.
I charged it full 2day when flashing, and its almost dead now.

well here is the link for the thread:here

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
Been looking at the forum for some time, finally decided to jump in.

I recently was on a long airplane trip and my battery ran out 30 minutes from the end of a movie, I just built a 4 cell AA battery booster for my 7015A using the end from an extra charger I had. Not looking for a full charge just a short boost when away from power.

Anyone see an issue with this? i.e. harm to the device.

Thanks
View attachment 2558

I made my USB cable and I use it and it works perfectly

Apr 28, 2011
Emmerick, the usb cable does not chage the device. How did you do that?

Sent from my ATZ 7015/7015A HONEYCOMB V13.0-B20 ACADEV using Android Tablet Forum

Apr 28, 2011
Ok, I thought u meant that you charged it thru the USB port on the device. I get what u mean now. i think i have an adapter for the small hookup on the Kyros. I will have to try this