Terminal Commands (especially a find replacement)

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
Does anyone know of a list of commands that work within the terminal? Being a long time Linux Geek, the first thing I thought of when I installed the Terminal was how much flexibility I was going to have. The problem I have found is not all of the commands I can use within Linux are installed within Android. I especially miss my "find" command. I think it would be extremely useful in understanding what programs are doing and where files are being stored. Does anyone know of a similar command that works in Android? Does anyone know of a list of UNIX commands that work in Android? Any help is appreciated!

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
Thank you Popeye! That is exactly what I was looking for. BusyBox even has the 'find' command that I was attempting (along with over 300 other commands). Also, that "under the hood" article linked from the thread looks like some useful info also.
Thanks again

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
you should take a look at Titanium Backup, it has a lot of the automated backup functions that you are probably used to from Linux, and includes an even more complete busybox implementation that some of the other downloads have.