Terminal emulator problem

fluxxion

Dec 8, 2010
so I've rooted my S7, installed Titanium Backup which installed Busybox. It looks like i was able to back up everything on the tablet with titanium. I then installed Android Terminal Emulator 1.0.4, developed by J. Palevich. But when i launch the terminal emulator, I can not run any command. Every command that i enter gets a 'permission denied' response. i have no idea why this is. Anyone have any ideas?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
How did you root? I bar that issue with universalandroot, so I switched to z4root

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App

JustDroid

Oct 27, 2010
Are you typing su to get superuser status in Terminal? At the $ prompt type su and enter and you should get prompted to give Super User rights to the app, then the prompt will change to #

fluxxion

Dec 8, 2010
I used z4root...

any command i run gives me a permission denied repsonse...su/ls/ etc..

JustDroid

Oct 27, 2010
Close out or end task on Terminal. Then make sure SuperUser is running before you run Terminal (it should be running all the time).
Then start terminal, type su and enter. Super User should then prompt you to allow it. At least that is how it worked on mine.

fluxxion

Dec 8, 2010
i forced stopped the terminal, superuser is running, still no luck.

After some thought, the keyboard is autocapitalizing the first letter of anything i type in, so su is being input as Su and ls is turning into Ls. I've gone into the keyboard settings and every other place a keyboard settings might be and tried to turn everything off. However, the keyboard in the terminal keeps trying to autocomplete the words and capitalizing the first letter of the command...any thoughts?

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
I guess that I have a similar problem. I'm using terminal emulator version 1.0.18 from Jack Palevich. I rooted with Z4. I can't issue the su command in the terminal, it says permissin denied. I can't figure out a way to give root to the terminal program. Superuser is running. Makes it hard to do anything, combined with not being able to get the adb usb drivers working on my win7 64 bit machine ha. Fortunately root explorer will work with Z4 so I can do a lot with that.

JustDroid

Oct 27, 2010
I belive there are two keyboards installed by default. Settings -> Language & keyboard
Then select Huawei IME and uncheck Word prediction
Go back and select Android keyboard. Uncheck Auto-capitalization and Quick fixes (this will turn off Show suggestions and Auto-complete)

Now you should be able to enter su in lowercase letters in Terminal

fluxxion

Dec 8, 2010
yea i went through all the settings under Language & Keyboard and turned everything off. But I still get that white bar across the top of the keyboard the shows suggestions and auto-capitalizes everything.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I still have the same issue too, that is why I use ADB.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
I still have the same issue too, that is why I use ADB.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

I would use, but I can't get the USB driver for ADB to install on my machine for some reason, there is already a USB driver installed and I can't get rid of it hmmmm.