Testers Needed: Coby MID7035 Root & GAPPS Installation Method

ChristianDC

Jun 23, 2013
Hello, I was working on a friend's Coby tablet (Model MID7035) and after following the instructions here to root the device, I set out to install some Google apps onto the device. Now, I have done plenty digging around on the issue with the end result being that I have successfully rooted and installed Google apps onto the device, by working through a bricking rather than restoring a backup. I need some testers with backups of their devices at the ready to confirm my results (as I did not have a backup, this method was developed out of personal necessity). Also, if not clear already, this method is being tested on the MID7035 only, other devices apply these steps at your own risk! I will post directions and files after I finish transcribing the steps from memory, but the required brick is already referenced in this forum by another user.

ChristianDC

Jun 23, 2013
1. Restore the tablet to factory defaults.
- either through the Settings screen or by entering Recovery Mode.​

2. Root the device by using reynzard's root method.
- extract the archived files to: C:\MID7035​
- close any unnecessary programs on tablet and PC
- enable USB debugging on the tablet​
- click Start > All Programs > Accessories, and right-click Command Prompt, then click Run As Administrator.​
- type then hit enter: C:\MID7035\Root.bat​
- after tablet resets, enable USB debugging again​
- hit any key in the Command Prompt​
- you should now be rooted​

3. On the tablet, download SuperSU (1.32 or higher) for updated binaries.
- using Google Search for "SuperSU apk", I found the Pro version of 1.32 as the second result​
- download the APK to your device and install by browsing to it in ES File Explorer and clicking the apk.
- once installed, open SuperSU > Settings, under system, check "Trust system user" and then click "install SuperSU into /System"
- restart the tablet to take effect​

4. On the tablet, install Flash Gordon, for flashing the file system without a custom recovery.
- DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH THIS APP! IT IS NOT FOR FLASHING ROMS AND IS IN DEVELOPMENT!​

5. On the tablet, install the newer ES File Manager.
- we need this is to make space on the file system for Google Apps​
- open ES File Manager and do the following:​
- Tools > Root Explorer > Mount R/W > check R/W for both​
- Tools > Root Explorer > Uninstall system app > uninstall GetJar, Aldiko, Video app, and OPTIONALLY anything else that will be useless when Google Play is installed​

Taking a break writing this, more later, nobody start yet!

danielalac123

Jul 23, 2013
1. Restore the tablet to factory defaults.
- either through the Settings screen or by entering Recovery Mode.​

2. Root the device by using reynzard's root method.
- extract the archived files to: C:\MID7035​
- close any unnecessary programs on tablet and PC
- enable USB debugging on the tablet​
- click Start > All Programs > Accessories, and right-click Command Prompt, then click Run As Administrator.​
- type then hit enter: C:\MID7035\Root.bat​
- you should now be rooted​

3. On the tablet, download SuperSU (1.32 or higher) for updated binaries.
- using Google Search for "SuperSU apk", I found the Pro version of 1.32 as the second result​
- download the APK to your device and install by browsing to it in ES File Explorer and clicking the apk.
- once installed, open SuperSU > Settings, under system, check "Trust system user" and then click "install SuperSU into /System"
- restart the tablet to take effect​

4. On the tablet, install Flash Gordon, for flashing the file system without a custom recovery.
- DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH THIS APP! IT IS NOT FOR FLASHING ROMS AND IS IN DEVELOPMENT!​

5. On the tablet, install the newer ES File Manager.
- we need this is to make space on the file system for Google Apps​
- open ES File Manager and do the following:​
- Tools > Root Explorer > Mount R/W > check R/W for both​
- Tools > Root Explorer > Uninstall system app > uninstall GetJar, Aldiko, Video app, and OPTIONALLY anything else that will be useless when Google Play is installed​

Taking a break writing this, more later, nobody start yet!

Please continue! I did everything up to this point and don't know how to install GooglePlay!

satu59

Jul 26, 2013
Part 2. My tablet will not reset after command prompt. I get an error " cannot find the path specified".

I did extract the archived files to my computer under C:MID7035. I don't know what I am doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.