tether app

kwbob

Jul 13, 2011
Any recommedations for an app to tethermy Thrive to my Droid would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
if your droid is rooted, wifi tether by buxtom muller and lemons

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
ya you need a rooted phone to use its signal. or try tablet pda tether

brit5467

Nov 8, 2011
Ohhh, I see my links didn't show up. Just go to Android Market and search for PDANet tablet for app.

The other one is on www.thriveforums.org then search for "bluetooth tethering does not work to thrive" (yes, that is how it's written...."work TO thrive"....LOL) and on first page of post, look for that poster's name. I think on 2nd page is where I found link to the PDA app, too !!!

Good luck.

Ohhh....duhhh....the links DO work, they just don't look like links I'm used to.....sorry :eek:

arena

Jul 8, 2011
Pdanet tablet woks perfectly with my evo

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum

brit5467

Nov 8, 2011
Hey arena....I have another post about this but no one's answering. So I'll ask you.

I'm newbie, so bear with me. Are you just using Bluetooth and the app to connect? And what cell provider do you have? Are they charging you? I keep reading about how Verizon blocked free tethering. Just trying to figure out if when I get my Thrive, if T-Mo is gonna work free?

arena

Jul 8, 2011
Hey arena....I have another post about this but no one's answering. So I'll ask you.

I'm newbie, so bear with me. Are you just using Bluetooth and the app to connect? And what cell provider do you have? Are they charging you? I keep reading about how Verizon blocked free tethering. Just trying to figure out if when I get my Thrive, if T-Mo is gonna work free?

I'm using bluetooth - you need to get the app on both your phone & tablet. The phone becomes the server, the tablet the client. I'm on Sprint and they have blocked this app on the market. Do a search for the apk...it's out there. I have been using PdaNet on my laptop/EVO for a couple of years with no charges, so , I don't expect to be charged for this.

brit5467

Nov 8, 2011
Gotcha. I already have link to PDANet tablet app so no prob. Will try it soon as tablet arrives.

But what I was worried about was something I read in another post about tethering, which said:

"From the Sprint TOS:
Prohibited Network Uses. (vi) for an activity that connects any device to Personal Computers (including without limitation, laptops), or other equipment for the purpose of transmitting wireless data over the network (unless customer is using a plan designated for such usage)"

(And then I guess this was the poster's own personal comment):

No US carrier allows free tethering, they may not ding you - but it is a TOS violation which can result in additional charges or even termination of your contract.

First off, what does DING mean? And secondly, you have Sprint and say you have no prob, so guess what this says isn't true.