Tether for internet access?

teflonbill

Mar 3, 2011
Has anyone seen any program that would allow me to use my phone as a tethered access point to get to the internet without rooting my phone? I have tried PDAnet though that requires a pc

Thank you for any help.

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
I have the same question, I just ordered a Kyros 7015, Used it before and rooted it for a friends, so thought i would get myself 1 =], my question is, i have a samsung impression, and i can tether it via usb very easy. Just plug it in and its all good and i have 3g on my laptop everywhere. I saw that the kyros has a usb port, can i use my phone to get 3g on it?

teflonbill

Mar 3, 2011
Sorry about that. I was replying between phone calls. Kyros is rooted 2.1 and EVO is unrooted 2.2

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
Android 2.2 on evo should have wifi tethering as a built in feature, if its blocked check out wifi tether in the market. I have no idea for the blackberries, usually you need blackberry desktop manager installed to tether.

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

LordBane00

Mar 2, 2011
I use quick settings app on my unrooted optimums s to use the locked wifi option. So you could try the quick settings app it can be found in the market.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

teflonbill

Mar 3, 2011
Well I have tried the QuickSettings app, no go. All the WiFi tethering programs I am finding require root access on my EVO. I would rather not root my EVO because of the warranty.

Am I missing something?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App