Tethering and Blue Tooth

timjet

Dec 29, 2011
I want to tether my Vizio VTAB 1008 tablet to my Verizon Droid Incredible using PDAnet Tablet which is installed on both devices. I'm having trouble with the Bluetooth I think. Under Bluetooth settings > Bluetooth devices, each device has the others name with a remark "Paired but not connected". It seems everthing on the PDAnet side is working but I guess I don't have my phone and tablet connected via bluetooth.
Can anyone help?
Tim

Roxio

Jan 5, 2012
Hi, I am having exactly the same problem with the same setup you have, except I have a verizon thunderbolt. Did you get your problem resolved? I am now trying to figure out how to usb tether the tablet. Anyone know how to do that? Thx

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
There are only a very few devices that work with Android via USB. Keyboard, mouse, camera and mass storage devices. USB tethering would require a driver as a part of a custom ROM on a rooted device. Only very few have been enabled in my research, and it is mostly USB 3G modems.

Your best bet is WiFi or BT tethering. I can tether without PDAnet to my iPhone because I have tethering through my carrier. I pair them and then tap the spanner wrench and enable internet tick box.

One word of advice - before abandoning/uninstalling PDAnet, be sure to use AnyCut to remove the proxy settings. If you do not you will have issues connecting to google servers (Gmail, Talk, Market, etc.)