Tethering For The Sony Tablet S

MillerTime

Sep 20, 2011
I was just wondering if anyone knows how to tether an Evo 4g to a Sony Tablet S, they didn't have a 3g option available so this is my other option if anyone knows how. I tried pdanet using the bluetooth, but could never get it to work even though I could transfer files.​

cmcooper

Sep 20, 2011
Yea.. I want to do the same with my HTC HD.

But not keen on 'rooting' my new super sony tablet... :-(

Ethanflux

Sep 22, 2011
I have the Motorola Cliq XT and want to tether to my Sony S Tablet 32GB. Is there anybody that can help me?

cmcooper

Sep 20, 2011

Easy on HTC turn on wi-fi hotspot (app for market) then wifi on sony tablet enter your key.. thst it!

Opps.. P.S. thats to use the htc mobile broadband on the tablet..

Last edited by a moderator:

MillerTime

Sep 20, 2011
Pdanet tablet android market im using right now to post this it works pretty good with no root. Good job developers. Evo 4g and my tablet s.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

Ethanflux

Sep 22, 2011
My phone is not hotspot capable. I am looking for an actual tethering solution. This device might be too new for anybody to have any answers yet, it seems.

MillerTime

Sep 20, 2011
I don't use the hotspot feauturw it uses Bluetooth and it works pretty good try it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

MillerTime

Sep 20, 2011
Its called pdanet tablet beta install it on both it is stupid easy I did it in like 10 secs.

Padmuk

Sep 22, 2011
I could not get pdanet to work on my Sony Tablet with my droid x, when you paired the two phones did they connect? mine just says paired but not connected. anyways i ran the beta tablet app server on my phone with 127.0.0.1 and 1234 and the client on the tab and no dice, any tips?

MillerTime

Sep 20, 2011
It worked fine I just followed the directions. Did u save the proxy settings? I don't really know how to trouble shoot something that you only have to press 3 buttons. It worked for me evo and Sony tablet. That what I used for my last post and it worked.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

estok

Oct 10, 2011
I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S (3G) with Android 2.2 and a Sony Tablet S with Android 3.2. All i have to do to tether them is on my phone go to Settings->Wireless and Network-> Mobile AP. Turn it on, then search for the network with my tablet and connect :) My carrier is T-Mobile, not sure if that effects having Mobile AP or not, it just showed up when i upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2

estok

Oct 10, 2011
pdanet wouldnt work for me either