Tethering Possible?

bs77988

Apr 3, 2011
i confused you? all i said was very well said to tcrews comment, but having a droid I can tell you that cm6.1 is very stable i personally wouldnt use a gingerbread rom but thats just my opinion. I might be mistaken on what you asked pbrauer but android natively cant connect to an adhoc network so unless the viewsonic did something different with the gtab which i dont think they did you wont be able to tether your OG droid to your gtab unless you root the gtab too.

@pbrauer i believe i saw a post from you that said you posted from a thunderbolt, how do you like it? have you video chatted on it yet?

Yea I meant to say tcrew, my bad.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
LOVE the Thunderbolt. Right now I am probably the one of the only 4g users in my area so I actually get better speed on the phone than I do with my hard wire internet at home.

Have done the video chat demo, but not with any real person yet (no one I know to talk to has it!).

cheers,
Peter

That's awesome, I have been waiting for verizon to get a phone with a front facing camera for awhile now. Now I just have to wait for me to get some extra money Haha

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I am running my gTab with the TnT G-harmony 1.2 - found this video on Youtube and it works for me on my Droid X using the un-rooted technique... thinking of rooting my Droid X usint TBH - Team Black Hat, anyone have experience with this one? Dan

This only works with the X and Droid 2.

Last edited:

Gravenhorst

Apr 7, 2011
Did you get your Droid and gtablet to tether? I'm having the same problem, and still cannot get the two to connect.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I have the original droid and it works just fine with vegan 5.1.1.

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum

DOYOULIE

Apr 14, 2011
go to this url very simple instructions,and it works.i have a droid1 acting as a hotspot,and my gtab running tntlite 4.4.0.

Last edited by a moderator: