Tethering problem with iphone 3gs

williedeal

May 16, 2012
Hi, I hv iconia A510. Been trying whole week to tether with iphone 3gs. Hv jailbreak and download pdanet. My computer can connect to wifi from iphone 3gs but A510 wont. Can someone help?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Willie,

I believe the issue is that your tablet is running ICS and for some reason ICS cannot see ad-hoc access points. You can try a different tethering app on your iPhone to see if that will work, or you can always try to use Bluetooth to tether. If you do use bluetooth, after you pair you will need to click the settings icon on the tablet next to the iPhone and ensure the "Use for Internet" box is ticked.

williedeal

May 16, 2012
Frederuco said:
Willie,

I believe the issue is that your tablet is running ICS and for some reason ICS cannot see ad-hoc access points. You can try a different tethering app on your iPhone to see if that will work, or you can always try to use Bluetooth to tether. If you do use bluetooth, after you pair you will need to click the settings icon on the tablet next to the iPhone and ensure the "Use for Internet" box is ticked.

Actually bluetooth cannot pair too. :(

pafik

Jan 29, 2012
Hi -> williedeal.

you have to traid -> wifi file transfer
shuld'be help for you or for ani one... to conect with ios ! :)

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
The main problem is your trying to use an Iphone. But to discuss some other issue pdanet uses a program on both the phone and the computer and thats why it works great with your computer but bot with a tablet, they do offer a pdanet tablet app in the Play Store but that is only for Android to Android devices. No stock version of Android supports adhoc not even jelly bean but you can get some custom roms that will allow adhoc.

Now for the solution I dont know much about Iphones because I have never owned one but I read that the app tetherme will work to connect over bluetooth to and Android device.

williedeal

May 16, 2012
greeting all n again.
i hv now subscribe to broadband and using 3g usb modem. how can i get connected?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
If the usb stick modem has android support you should be able to just plugg it in. But is very rare. I've tried several on my A500 and have no luck. You may have to root your tablet - or get mifi (or something like that. The tablet will tether to the pocket wifi (mifi) which has 3g.