Tethering to iPhone

Slarti

Dec 14, 2011
Hello, I am brand new to tablets (1 hr) and brand new to this forum (15 min), I have searched for an existing thread, but can't find one with my exact problem

Tablet: Eee Pad (ASUS) Transformer (not the new edition, but the older one), OS: Android 3.1

I was expecting to be able to download iTunes directly to the tab (silly me) and then use the iPhone (old 3G) as the internet provider. So, as my phone seems to need Itunes to do this (works with my laptop), is there a way to have this phone be my 3G source?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

I have an iPhone 4 and have tethering enabled through my provider. You will need to make sure you have this done, or jailbreak it and grab a tethering app.

Setup the hotspot so that it is on and Bluetooth tethering (3G/3Gs cannot WiFi tether)
Next step is to put your TF into Airplane Mode.
Then turn on Bluetooth on the Transformer and pair the two devices.
Once you have done this, in the TF Bluetooth settings, tap the spanner wrench to the right of the iPhone connection.
Tick the box to enable using this connection for Internet.

Now you should be tethered to your iPhone. You can plug it in to the USB port if you have the Keyboard Dock to keep it charged up while being tethered.

If you want, you can then go into the TF Tethering & Hotspot and create a WiFi hotspot with your TF to share the iPhone connection with other devices.

I think I got it all right, if you get stuck just let us know and we will square you away.