Tethering

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
I use "pdanet tablet" installed on both my vote ablet and phone.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

thank you. i tried it and could not get it to work. i could not pare with my htc for some reason.

i think ill open a new topic for that so not to confuse this one

beastman

May 8, 2011
You need to pair the tablet and phone. The phone is the server and the tablet is the client. Following the screen prompts..

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

evansm76

Jun 16, 2011
I'm having issues tethering on my A500 using my Droid. It won't pick up the wifi part of it since adhoc is disabled but the bluetooth is recognized and paired however it won't connect. I didnt root my Acer yet cause I promesied wifey I wouldn't do it yet so does anyone have a work around for my situation? My droid is definitely rooted and the Acer is updated which is how I received it by default. Thanks every one.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

I tethered my Droid to my Acer Inconia but I had to download PDAnet Tablet (Beta) to both devices to do it. it works and I didn't have to root either device. I have seen a reference to an Ad Hoc app. What is the exact name of that app and does in work for only certain phones?

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
Did you clear the proxy? Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum
how do you do that. every time i tired it said error and bounced me out of the app. i deinstalled the app but still wont work. I do not how to check or remove the proxy settings any help would be great. Well I had to reload everything and do a factory reset (see other post) so Ill wait when this is not Beta any more before it try it again.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2011
I tethered my Droid to my Acer Inconia but I had to download PDAnet Tablet (Beta) to both devices to do it. it works and I didn't have to root either device. I have seen a reference to an Ad Hoc app. What is the exact name of that app and does in work for only certain phones?

PdaNet Tablet wasn't out at the time I did that but later got it working once I rooted the tablet, changed the wifi file, and unrooted. Now, I no longer have that phone as I upgraded to the DInc2 (which I love by the way).

Unfortunately, I didn't get to root it yet because I have to do it behind my wife's back (she doesn't get it) and then I can use the wifi tether app. PdaNet Tablet isn't working with my phone/tablet combo...not yet at least.

diamonddee

Jul 12, 2011
well i have a problem i hace a a500 acer and a huawei m860 and it just keep sayin paired but not connect what do i do

a1av8ter

Aug 12, 2011
He lied.. I HAD a black berry curve had to get a 3G phone. and still cant get it to tether wirelessly or with a usb cable

a1av8ter

Aug 12, 2011
"I have an HTC HD 2 windows phone.. t-mobile turned on tethering (15.00 usd a month ) .. i have a acer a500 tablet.. i want to tether them together. t-mobile wont help me, htc wants to charge me 35.00 and radio shack wants to sell me another phone I have down loaded the APP auto-tether, i get a message on my HD-2 to check my cable connection.. which usb port in the ACER a500 do i use the micro or the mini for tethering

leemstradamus

Sep 5, 2011
I have an a500 and I got mine a week ago and tether mine using my t-mobile g2 every day this week and didn't root either device. Works flawless every time.

leemstradamus

Sep 5, 2011
I have an a500 and I got mine a week ago and tether mine using my t-mobile g2 every day this week and didn't root either device. Works flawless every time.