tethering

naneb

Feb 26, 2012
I have been trying to use foxfi to tether my PepanII to my samsung galaxy S. I have setup the hotspot. The tablet finds the hotspot with a good signal. It shows obtaining IP address and then connects but almost immediately loses the connection and then starts searching and trying to obtain ip address again. What am I doing wrong? or is there another app that will do this better or easier? Thanks for the help.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
double check your password. if you have entered an incorrect password that is exactly the behavior you will get. connects, attempts to log in, rejected, retry.

Dec 30, 2011
i have a le pan 1 and i can tether my it with my galaxy s using wireless tether. it will only work with v3 beta 8. wich you can download here. http://android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com/files/wifi_tether_v3_1-beta8.apk
just click start tether once installed app. and make your tablet search for wifi. and it should pop up as wireless tether. and if it doesnt you can go into the settings and change the device profile to galaxy s. and then it should be discover-able on the tablet. if not let me know. and your galaxy s must be rooted for this app to work.

naneb

Feb 26, 2012
I can send files back and forth from phone to tablet and back I cannot get online with the tablet. My phone is not rooted and I do not want to do it. Any ideas.