Texting With The VTAB

dannyd88

Dec 17, 2011
Is anybody texting with their Vizio? What are some good texting apps that work with the VTAB? I heard Go SMS is a good app in general but marketplace says device is not compatible. I just set up a skype account but it looks like free texting is just with other skype members. Thanks in advance.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Text Plus is what I use. You can text and send and receive pictures.
To will give you a phone number to associate with the service, all free of course. If you use the App Heytell you can also use the number to send voice messages over data.
Much like the Nextell service.
TP is a good app, and used it today infact.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

dannyd88

Dec 17, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions. They all sound great...especially the part about getting a number. I was wondering how that would work. I can't wait to try them. Thanks again.
This forum is Awesome!

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

southsound

Dec 3, 2011
I use google voice - works perfectly
I agree. I have been using Google Voice for over a year now as my "phone management" system. When you call my GV number, it rings my home, cell, and any other phones I have programmed into the system. The call may be answered at any of the devices - and if it is for my wife at another location, I can just hit * and transfer the call to the other phones. If no one is available and they caller leaves a voice message, GV will translate it to text and it will appear in the GV app and also as an email. Sometimes the translation is just what I need for a good laugh. For text messages, I can read and reply from my cell phone, my notebook, my tablet, or my iPod Touch. All for free.

Last edited:

mui

Nov 28, 2011
I use google voice and the grooveip app and not only can i text but i can make phone calls too!