TF101 will not charge

dennychuang

Jun 2, 2012
I had a similar problem in the fall. All I had to do was push the adapter into the slot with a counter-intuitively large amount of pressure until I noticed an indication it was charging. I had to do the same thing each time for about a week and then it just started working like normal again after that.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

YES, this method works for me. I had to twist a little (it takes me just 3 times) when pushing the connector in the the charge slot. The charging thunderbolt show up again the the battery icon. It's good to be back on line, again!

Thanks for the useful tip.

UKUser

Jun 9, 2012
Thanks to Frederuco from transformer forums, I was going to look at the pins and then I noticed that the power block was not quite clicked in, it must have become loose whilst in my holdall, I simply re-clicked the power block and bingo, all fine. HTH

kember

Jun 10, 2012
Same problems! Tried everything suggested, as well as prayer. NOTHING. DEAD Asus TF-101. Returned to Best Buy as had only owned for less than 45 days. Two very nice geeks (I Love Em!) reported our small city BB has one to two TF returned daily. NO TYPO. Daily. For charger issues. All photos gone, had not backed up for a few days. I think I hate Asus. Do NOT buy.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Same problems! Tried everything suggested, as well as prayer. NOTHING. DEAD Asus TF-101. Returned to Best Buy as had only owned for less than 45 days. Two very nice geeks (I Love Em!) reported our small city BB has one to two TF returned daily. NO TYPO. Daily. For charger issues. All photos gone, had not backed up for a few days. I think I hate Asus. Do NOT buy.

Welcome to the forum!

Did the expert geek squad guys try another charger to determine if it was the charger or the tablet? If they did not, it means I have lost even more respect for their geekiness. Yes, the charger has a few shortfalls, but 1 year and counting and mine works great. It has overheated twice, but 20 minutes in the freezer fixed it right up both times.

NetScr1be

Jun 26, 2012
I was going to suggest flipping the plug over (changing the polarity) as in the US the plug if flipped will cause a tingle on the metal parts of the TF since the plug is not properly polarized.

I see you are in AU, so if you have the AU plug it is polarized. If you are using an international adapter, try flipping the plug in the adapter if it is possible.

Sorry, its exactly the same..dunno..any other ideas please...
thank you for your time and patience

No insult to your intelligence intended but are you plugging it into the USB port or the proprietary port at the back of the keyboard?