TF300T Has No Sound

bombardero

Oct 30, 2012
Hello

My TF300T suddenly stopped having sound. In all settings seem that well. Not play music, either by touching the icons on the screen emits some kind of sound.

Could someone please help me fix this problem

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

You may want to try a hard reset, or possibly look at any new apps you have recently installed that may be getting in the way of the sound. If those don't help your last resort is a factory reset to rule out hardware as a problem.

Hard reset, (aka cold boot). power off, unplug from the charger, hold the volume button in the down position that at the same time hold the power button until you see white writing in the upper left corner then release both buttons. Wait for a restart. No data will be lost following those instructions.

slg7012

May 28, 2014
This thread just dies off. Has any one found a cure for the problem? Soundabout can't completely cure it since it's something in the

OS that's dopping off at any moment. A reset doesn't last either, nor does a reload of 4.1 jellybean. Please help.
Steve

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

May need more explanation. What type of reset?
Does it seem to work well for a while?
Are you rooted and do you have any task killers installed?

slg7012

May 28, 2014
Thanks for the response. To answer; no, I'm not rooted. Yes, I have a task killer installed. As far as resets go, I've tried all methods besides the factory reset. I was trying to get some samples recorded for a song and I would hate to lose the items I've worked so hard on. When I do a hard boot (or reset) the sound comes back bt only lasts from a minute or so to about 5 minutes then it dies again. Last night I went thru all my apps and set the ones I don't use much on ignore and on others I suspect could be the culprit I uninstalled all the recent updates. Still no good. I'm still under warranty so can't root yet. Thinking of sending it in for repair but I really want to know what is causing this so I can avoid it in the future. Can't wait for the warranty to be up so I can root and choose a different OS. Thans, steve

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If the sound works at all after the hard reset, (not the factory reset), then I suspect it may be your app killer, (just an fyi that app killers are mostly crap and not necessary on Android and frequently more trouble than not), though it could also be some other app at fault. Are you going to the app manager and disabling apps there?

The GREAT thing about your tablet is that it has an excellent integrated backup app. You can use it to back up everything, store it somewhere off the internal memory, do a factory reset, test the sound then restore a few apps, the most critical ones, a few at a time and restart and test between restores.

slg7012

May 28, 2014
Sonds like good advice. Just a note: I've been listening to music for about an hour thru bluetooth. I think the audio drop has something to do with internal hardware, speaker or headphone jack. I just installed the task killer yesterday so that's not the problem. I've been disabling from the app manager in settings and setting the ignores thru the task manager. I really appreciate you taking the time to help, I need it.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If BT sound works that's a puzzle. I suggest that factory reset. Go to settings - backup and restore and follow the instructions. Don't forget to do that App Backup off the tablet first. That app backs up the data too.

slg7012

May 28, 2014
OK, so I've tried everything and am about to do a factory reset. I have one question. When I go to download my apps will I have to pay for them again or will Google and other app providers recognize my tablet again?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Google and Amazon will allow you to load all your paid apps again as long as you set it up with the same Google account. No charge.

geekbart

Aug 23, 2015
The thread has died again. Anyway, i have this tablet for more than 3 years. Suddently, yesterday, sound did not work. It could be me click wrong link and caused the problem. I dont. There is no sound. I have tried all the solutions. Not working. My last resort. I did factory reset. I did 3 times. Everything works except sound. The ony choice ihave is buy anothet tablet. The tablet works fine except no sound. Since i reser, there is really nothing. Oh, i neve root. What are my choices? Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum geekbart

Have you tried earphones? If they don't work then your next best option is to send it to ASUS for repair.