the 1000th "I want a tablet..." thread...

imranh101

Jun 12, 2011
Hey guys, brand new here, first post..
Im sure this is the billionth "I want to buy a tablet" thread, so im sorry :(
Lets get right to business
I want a tablet
for $80 or less, total, shipped and tax, i know thats cheap but im guessing you guys have sources for super cheap imported-from-china tablets... right?
7" screen, no smaller, but bigger is better as long as its not crappy low-res
something like the 256mb ram sounds great...
either the 2.2 OS or one that can be hacked to 2.2 or whatever the common OS for cheap chinese tablets is
ships to US :p
uhm... IDK what else
Want to use for simple things like internet browsing, maybe some video watching.
battery life doesnt matter TOO much, but a couple hours with wifi off would be nice
uhhh what else... hrm
3G not needed, not gonna be used almost guaranteed,
OH I do want one with a camera if possible...
HDMI would be cool, not necessary at all though,
And a USB port or one of those mini-usb hub type things some of them use would be great...
and REQUIREMENT is an SD or microSD card slot!

Sorry, lots of requests, and probably a too cheap price, but see if you can help a noob out?
BTW I'm new to anything Android, but I AM very computer savvy ;)

imranh101

Jun 12, 2011
Wow, someone near me is selling an "Eken M001" for $40 on craigslist... think I should go for it?

imranh101

Jun 12, 2011
Im getting it for $30 because he couldnt find charger. I can buy one another time, or is there any other common charger sold in local stores that will work? For example I know that some portable DVD players use the same charger, but I havent found one sold locally... I'd prefer to buy locally so i dont have to wait weeks for shipping lol... I want to use this thing soon cuz im excited

aresfiend

May 8, 2011
Buy the eken, then go to your nearest radio shack/best buy and have one of the people there take a look and see what they can do. Thats what I did for an in car DVD player and it worked out pretty okay even though I cannot afford the charger until this friday xD.

EDIT: I ordered an eken m009s from pandawil for $80 (before shipping and SD card) and there is free shipping available but it can take up to three weeks but the m009s is 2.6 times faster than the m001 and comes with 2.2 (versus the stock 1.6, 2.2 has flash player). But I got two week shipping for $18 and with a 4gb microSD card for ~$110 and sent it to georgia.

EDIT #2: This is not an ad, I reread this and it seemed kind of awkward. I was just putting out an option. Like comparing a craigslist PC to something you could buy/build from newegg that is 2x the price but 3x the performance.

Last edited: