The a500

Zman

Dec 14, 2010
Just got the a500 because my s7 died on me. It seems like a pretty decent tablet , what do you guys think?
Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
Yes it is a pretty decent tablet, actually it is very bloody excellent tablet, that's why we bought one.

Many reasons to choose it over many others.

Make sure you update immediately to 3.01 and to 3.1 when it comes out "hopefully" in a few days.

Pete

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
I've had a few network connection errors with mine, but other than that its done what it was bought for. Oh, and did anyone else find complaints that "its too heavy"? They must have sissy arms or something.. because even at my young age it feels fine, and I can totally hold it with one hand.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

donmeca2020

Jul 17, 2011
just got mine today, i also was in shock how people said it was a "heavy" tablet. im still charging mine up right now and cant wait to start using this thing!!

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Heavy, I suppose, compared to Xoom/Galaxy Tab but to me it seems well balanced and feels good in my hands. I still haven't decided on a 10 inch tablet but the Acer is at the top of my list right now.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
I'm a new owner too!
I really like mine a lot.

I've blundered in that I've rooted mine then removed some system apps without backing them up, so OTA updating is out for me until I restore a stock image.
Aside from that this thing has been really great. I'm really glad I decided to give one a try, because the cheap Chinese tablets are losing their appeal.

-luckily all that hacking on the "cheapies" prepared me for things like enabling ad hoc wireless, and disabling the phone stuff to save power, so I can't complain about my experiences too loudly. ;)

Really very pleased with mine so far. :)

donmeca2020

Jul 17, 2011
out of curiousity what are the benefits of rooting the a500 ? i thought of trying it with my phone but it seemed abit difficult.