the Display/Video/Media thread

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
Im curious to see how different S7 user have setup their home screen. As for me i went with a minimalist, functional layout. Ive got my power widgets, weather, news, favorite bookmarks, apps in an organized layout. No wallpaper BTW.

View attachment 403

How did you get your desktop to look blue like that? My S7 has a grey looking desktop. Is that something you installed and if so can you give us info where to get it? Looks sweet, thanks.

lotusflower

Dec 3, 2010
Using Skyfire or Dolphin browser will it be possible to watch HULU? I know, I should try it and then state it here.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Using Skyfire or Dolphin browser will it be possible to watch HULU? I know, I should try it and then state it here.

I don't think so. Hulu blocks mobile devices because of some dumb licensing problems with the content. It used to be possible to change your user agent and trick Hulu into working, but they have closed that loophole as far as I know. Dolphin HD just complains about lack of Flash even with the user agent changed.

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
I know once we get to 2.2 there is a .lib file you replace in your adobe flash application and you can still trick Hulu to thinking you are not on a mobile device. However until we get to 2.2 and can have Adobe Flash this is a non-issue. I have this currently working on my DX with out any problems. It is really nice because with Dish Network they have a lot of the shows and movies stored online now and you can watch them. About half of the TV Shows were though Hulu and would not work until this was done.

Zonagal

Dec 30, 2010
Can anyone tell me how to install flash player since the current adobe flash isnt supported by this version? Thanks a ton for your help. I have a site in which i really need it.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

Zonagal

Dec 30, 2010
Thanks for the quick response. Being that i know nothing about this stuff is there another way to view something that requires flash player? And its a no on the 2.2....
Again thanks for your assistance

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

double

Dec 24, 2010
Yep, it's Skyfire or nothing right now. Still waiting for 2.2 which actually doesn''t play all the flash sites. Not sure how 2.3 has dealt with these issues. Guessing 3.0 will fix all of these.

sra

Jan 3, 2011
I put two MP4 files on sdcard2 (16gb) and the video app shows the two movies as having the same name even though they are different entirely! One is a James Bond movie and the other is a Lord of the Rings. File Manager shows the mp4 names. Does the video app need an upgrade? BTW - the card was formatted on the S7.

/steve

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Did you try playing the files to see if they are different on the Disk? It sounds to me like there may be a file header corruption if they are appearing the same but are different files, but bottom line, if they work they, then they work.

One question, does one at least have the (1) after the name?