the Display/Video/Media thread

Woodfiend

Nov 28, 2010
None that i know of. Unless torrents work but i never use them. I Have hundreds of dvds and Blurays (which are also all loaded on my media server). I would like to be able to access my server over the home network via the tablet though......

trishle

Nov 30, 2010
I try to look how to use front camera ? But I can't find one. Some one show me how to use this one . Thanks

Dec 3, 2010
I use DVDFAB5 to rip the movies to my computer and then I use handbrake to compress and encode them for my Moto Droid 1. I learned the process from when I had a BB Storm. The post is on crackberry, do a search there for DVD to storm and you will find it. I can't remember who the poster was but it was a good tutorial and works well. I have used this to compress and make over 30 movies for my Droid this way, if you do it right the file can be as small as 400mb and looks of DVD quality.

Sent from my bodily extension.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Open the camera, select menu, select secondary camera.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

KitN

Dec 1, 2010
Hi,

I wanted to know if any programs work with the Huawei S7 to make video calls. Has anyone tried? If so, please post your results.

TIA :)

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Hi,

I wanted to know if any programs work with the Huawei S7 to make video calls. Has anyone tried? If so, please post your results.

TIA :)

I'm not aware of any solution yet. I've tried a few.
Skype - no video
Fring - Loads, but uses the rear camera. Controls and sound don't work on my S7
Tango- Will not install. See this thread. New Huaweii Tablet At Best Buy

Any other solutions?

dvdrms

Nov 27, 2010
the skyfire browser converts flash video to a compatible format for devices w/o flash on the fly. Works well with the network sites.

TV.com is a good app. Only way you're getting NFL is if you're a DTV subscriber with the Sunday Ticket, then there's a free android app to use.

What about adding like a usb tv tuner to it?

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Try SPB TV from the market. Don't know if it has football unless you mean soccer; I've seen some soccer games on there. It seems to be free at the moment, I don't know if they plan to start charging or what.

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
Try SPB TV from the market. Don't know if it has football unless you mean soccer; I've seen some soccer games on there. It seems to be free at the moment, I don't know if they plan to start charging or what.

the trned now is to go on freebie mode and make money from the adverts on; ie PULSE ipad app.

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
your best shot for football on sundays is to watch a justin.tv channel with the game through skyfire

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
although this is the best bang for the buck; i am somewhat disappointed that we cannot maximize all the functions of the phone; in this case video calling..!!

KitN

Dec 1, 2010
I agree. What's the point of having dual cameras with video calling ability but no software that can utilize it? :(

If anyone finds video calling software that works with the S7 please post it.

Thanks.