the Display/Video/Media thread

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Well, it is only recently that things like Fring and Tango even appeared for the Android, and not all devices are supported; I'd go so far as to say most aren't. I know that it seems like a logical thing to do with a phone with a camera, but there just weren't any applications available. Same on the iPhone world, only recently has an application appeared (not entirely sure, I don't follow it as closely) that works. Hopfully more and more devices will be supported, I think that there is a lot of demand for it (assuming that a 3G connection can even really support a 2 way video call).

KitN

Dec 1, 2010
The all iPhones (and iPod Touch) that have front facing cameras came with Face-Time video calling out of the box. The Samsung Galaxy Tab comes with Qik video calling out of the box. Some of T-Mobiles phone with front facing cameras come with Qik video calling out of the box.

Again I ask, if you have the hardware, why not have the software to use it? As it stands the cameras on the S7 pretty much useless add-ons that cost money with no real use.

I mean, really, if those other devices can work with video calling software, how hard can it be to get ours to work with it too? :confused:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
i am not sure you wrote your question right flash 10.1 was made for android 2.2 so you can download it straight from the market if you have a 2.2 device but if you are asking if you can install flash 10.1 on android 2.1 that is a no go. i have read through the link you provided and if you read the comments on it there is hardly any buddy that says it works i am going to give it a try just to be sure but for most instances no flash on anything lower then 2.2

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
To add possibly a little more color to this. Technically yes, this process installs 10.1 player. However it does nothing to get it to actually work to load content. For right now, if you want flash, use Skyfire browser or one of the other workarounds.

chuck3d

Dec 7, 2010
I've been buying movies from ipod lounge and they work great on the S7. They have a decent selection and also TV shows.

Free iPod Movies

Anybody else know of other movie sites?

dvdrms

Nov 27, 2010
i am not sure you wrote your question right flash 10.1 was made for android 2.2 so you can download it straight from the market if you have a 2.2 device but if you are asking if you can install flash 10.1 on android 2.1 that is a no go. i have read through the link you provided and if you read the comments on it there is hardly any buddy that says it works i am going to give it a try just to be sure but for most instances no flash on anything lower then 2.2

ye some said it did some said it didnt so i was confuse. i was thinking on use it on the s7. so plz let me know..

dvdrms

Nov 27, 2010
To add possibly a little more color to this. Technically yes, this process installs 10.1 player. However it does nothing to get it to actually work to load content. For right now, if you want flash, use Skyfire browser or one of the other workarounds.

i use skyfire browser also.

pendulam

Nov 25, 2010
I use Skyfire on my s7 but it does not work on a lot of websites. The pop up player just doesn't come up. Do you encounter the same problem ?

TabletNoobie

Dec 6, 2010
I dropped the 29.95 at BB for the Zagg and then another 8.00 for them to install it. A bit expensive but this was a gift tablet and I was not willing to screw it up myself. It did add a bit of drag as mentioned above but I think it was worth the protection. No other out of the ordinary screen responce issues noticed other than it seems important that the screen sees the "touch" before a swipe motion otherwise, it will ignore it. Not sure if this is normal for the screen type or if the protector has effected it.

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
I did the Zagg from Best Buy ... $24.95 + $8 installation. She did an awesome job ... much cleaner install than I would have myself ... in half the time!

I have an InvisiShield on my smartphone ... that I also had installed "professionally".

Both are resistive screens and both protectors add drag to the fingernail experience. Something I've learned to compensate for ... especially since my phone ends up in my pocket with who-knows-what (as much as I try to be careful), and the S7 is a gift for my 11 year old son (and myself, honestly)!

kid-a429

Dec 8, 2010
hey can anyone of you guys or gals can post video/photos prom your devices on here so i can get an idea. and can you do one in low light(like a concert)/normal light.