the Display/Video/Media thread

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
There is a rumor that Skype might release a video version for android at CES (first week in Jan). Hopefully that will work with the S7 if they do.

KitN

Dec 1, 2010
There is a rumor that Skype might release a video version for android at CES (first week in Jan). Hopefully that will work with the S7 if they do.

OMG that would be amazing! :)

It's about time Skype got into the mobile video calling game. I'm really looking forward to CES. Woot! :D

JackJack

Dec 10, 2010
Yes, it's update.
Fring says he will work with huawei to fix the issue(NOT OFFICIAL INFORMATION), in fact, almost all 2 Cameras tablets have this issue, Android API support only one Camera utill android2.3.
But, still have may things to do, infact, in lab, 2 camera support has work well now.

It's soon!

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
OMG that would be amazing! :)

It's about time Skype got into the mobile video calling game. I'm really looking forward to CES. Woot! :D

Yeah, it sure would, but just a rumor still of course. Rumors of a video calling Skype for Android have been floating around since May. The other video calling apps have a chance to get into the market right now before Skype does, so let's hope they do. The difficulty is in making the front facing cameras work while most hardware still has 2.1 or 2.2 or earlier; having video calling on a rear facing camera seems to be of limited usefulness but might be fun. Let's hope they fix the mirror image thing for the S7 if they support it, or it will be weird.

KE4NYV

Dec 5, 2010
For logistics reasons I prefer to login to the website.

I don't mean to hijack this thread (I can create a new thread if requested), but I am finding the Yahoo Maill app very limited and the online interface has been nothing but a headache! I currently have one @yahoo.com address and then I have THREE seperate web sites hosted through Yahoo. That means, I have several emails for each site. for example, I have [email protected] (personal), [email protected] (company) and [email protected] (second company). The Yahoo mail app will not allow me to switch between all of these accounts. No matter what I log in with, it always defaults to the @yahoo.com account and will only let me see that mail and the folders associated with it. The web interface is much the same, only it's harder to get around through the web interface.

I try to log in using the full email address as the username and the associated password for each account and it's a no dice situation all around. Always defaults to the @yahoo.com account.

I have to admit, I have been fighting this ever since I went to an Android device (my phone) and I have found it to be the same with my S7.

jcabibi

Dec 8, 2010
$screenshot.jpg
$screenshot_2.jpg
$screenshot_1.jpg

Here are some screen shots of the theme I have been working on.
Transparent Lockscreen
Transparent Homescreen tabs
Black app drawer

npmt

Dec 6, 2010
Use vplayer or rockplayer, go to settings, in root folder, set it to /sdcard2 for removable card, /sdcard is the card that came with the phone, or set it to / to access all three storages

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Tapatalk

duke1231

Oct 28, 2010
I trie both options, and no luck. do you think it is because i am using the sd card from my blackberry torch?

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
I had the same problem, tried this, it worked for me..

In rockplayer open settings and click on root. You will see a browse window with " /sdcard " typed in it.
Add " /sdcard2 ". Will look like this " /sdcard/sdcard2 " no quotes. Then hit your back button until you see a folder called sdcard2. You will have to scroll down to find it. Open it and you should see your ext card root directory. Hope this helps

Ives