The First Dual Core Mini Android PC UG802 will release soon in China Market

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
When the single core mini pc flow the market, their is one factory in china releasing a dual core Mini PC called UG802, We think,this new little gadgets will hit the market, and maybe the single core Mini Android PC like MK802,MK802 II will have a price war again.

Link for UG802 is

http://www.mcbubstore.com/item/Hot-...oid-TV-Box-Smart-DDR3-1GB-RAM-4GB-ROM-152301/

here is some specification and photos for this UG802 Dual core Mini PC:

• Google Android 4.0.4 ICS
  • dual core 1.2GHz (up to 1.6),Dual Core Cortex 9, Quad Core Graphics
  • DDR3 1GB
  • Nand Flash 4GB
  • Support External Storage via. Micro-SD card, Support up to 32GB
  • WiFi 802.11b/g/n 10/100Mbps With internal Antenna
  • Integrated Graphics Mali400, Supports 1080P video (1920*1080)
  • 1 X USB 2.0 Host for external drive/component
  • 1 X MicroUSB for power
  • 1 X HDMI1.3 Output - ESD Protection with RClamps
  • 1 X Micro-SD card slot
  • 90-230V,50/60Hz input, max. power: 30W, Output: 5V/2A
  • 89*33*16mm

zolgB.jpg

zFqJ5.jpg

40XRl.jpg

yUD2D.jpg

Last edited:

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
I got one of these and not impressed. Issues with wifi signal, and though I got it to function by locating it 1/2 metre away from my router, it still has very buggy firmware.
It won't let me sign into google market , just says connection error. So its use is limited until that problem is fixed.

In principle the spec sounds great, but unless its backed up with improved firmware ( maybe Jellybean????? ) then its a bad purchase.

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
I got one of these and not impressed. Issues with wifi signal, and though I got it to function by locating it 1/2 metre away from my router, it still has very buggy firmware.
It won't let me sign into google market , just says connection error. So its use is limited until that problem is fixed.

In principle the spec sounds great, but unless its backed up with improved firmware ( maybe Jellybean????? ) then its a bad purchase.

Hi ebod,

Please keep me updated about this as I was just about to order one because I thought it would be better than the single core one I just bought & am about to return with similar issues.

Mark:cool:

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
Can't get past the "Can't establish a relaible connection to the server" message when trying to sign in to market :-(

Would feel a whole lot better about the UG802 if it had a support forum/community, but feel its too new for user support. No excuse why there isn't any manufacturer support though....

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Can't get past the "Can't establish a relaible connection to the server" message when trying to sign in to market :-(

Would feel a whole lot better about the UG802 if it had a support forum/community, but feel its too new for user support. No excuse why there isn't any manufacturer support though....

Hi ebod

If its any help i,ve noticed the ebay seller admits there is wifi problems and supplies a robot shaped usb hub and a usb to eithernet adaptor to bypass wifi connection issues, it might relate to the issue your having.

Sent from my Slingloaded Samsung Galaxy Note using Tapatalk

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
The ebay seller carries the same name as the OP ( no way to prove whether it is...or if they just hijacked the name ). All I got was the device and a flymouse remote unit.

As there is no available support, I have no idea what this unit can hook up to , eg bluetooth adapter , usb<>ethernet adapter , gamepads/joysticks , printers etc etc.

Its screaming out for a selection of custom roms, instructions on rooting etc. Would love to see a section on this forum devoted to TV dongles such as MK802/UG802.

But none of the above gets me past inability to sign into Google market. I'll try an experiment today and create a fresh gmail registration with a new email address just to see whether it works.

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
The ebay seller carries the same name as the OP ( no way to prove whether it is...or if they just hijacked the name ). All I got was the device and a flymouse remote unit.

As there is no available support, I have no idea what this unit can hook up to , eg bluetooth adapter , usb<>ethernet adapter , gamepads/joysticks , printers etc etc.

Its screaming out for a selection of custom roms, instructions on rooting etc. Would love to see a section on this forum devoted to TV dongles such as MK802/UG802.

But none of the above gets me past inability to sign into Google market. I'll try an experiment today and create a fresh gmail registration with a new email address just to see whether it works.

Hi ebod,

This is the ebay seller I was refering to, there now seems to be several.
Dual Core Mini PC UG802 Android 4.0 TV Box IPTV 1.2GHz Cortex-A9 Quad Core GPU | eBay

I totally agree with you the specs are great but without support its no use to anyone ! maybe the op would be able to comment or offer some advice on your problems.

Good luck with your experiment & please keep me posted as im looking for a decent android tv stick / box to use as hardware for a project I'm doing making a plug & play tv solution for expats, with me compiling & testing all the apps & hardware for the members of a expat site that I mod on.

Hope you get somewhere with this as I've seen a video review of this working & it looks really good.

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
I presently have a Paypal dispute with the seller and this image tells the compelling truth at the moment. I.e.unless its sat on top of a wifi router , its useless.
http://img04.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i4/134922319/T29DNDXepNXXXXXXXX_!!134922319.jpg

No luck with attemtping to register a fresh gmail account either...so still no market. Lots of issues with google site certificates, just thinking is this something to do with whether the device is accessing the web in the UK intead of China ?

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
I presently have a Paypal dispute with the seller and this image tells the compelling truth at the moment. I.e.unless its sat on top of a wifi router , its useless.
http://img04.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i4/134922319/T29DNDXepNXXXXXXXX_!!134922319.jpg

No luck with attemtping to register a fresh gmail account either...so still no market. Lots of issues with google site certificates, just thinking is this something to do with whether the device is accessing the web in the UK intead of China ?

Hi ebod,

If the wifi dont work properly on a stick thats advertised to have wifi, i would say you have a very good case, especially as another seller admits it dont work !
I've spotted another seller on ebay selling sticks with the same chipset but running jelly bean, they might be able to give you a link to their fimware / upgrades.

Good luck

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
I don't know how I managed it, but on a positve front, I have got Google Market working with my gmail address. Also made an agreement with the seller that I would drop my dispute if they posted me a usb hub & ethernet adapter.

So its a much improved picture right now. Next is just need to suss out what else this unit can do with regards to bluetooth & other usb devices etc. Also its not straight forward to configure what apps are on homescreen, plus other installed apps such as google maps are installed...but the app icons are not visible. But finding jellybean is my ist priority :)

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi ebod,

Thats good news mate :)

Please keep me posted on your progress, I returned my stick today & am awaiting a refund, if you continue to make progress I may be buying one & would be happy to swap info etc with you.
Have you tried a app called filmon on it yet ? Its a great tv app !