The latest firmware update path for the Upgraded C91

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Yes indeed, though I was hoping no to get the crash course ;)

Ended up going with the Zenidroid one you posted earlier, the tablet ran fine before but now it's even better, I can get the FB app and a few others that were previously incompatible.

So I guess I owe you another beer for that tip as well? ;)

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Lol the zenidroid is awesome. It makes the tablet feel like it should do. Not how Zenithink made it. You can now up the kernel if you want it a bit faster again too. I think if you go to no frills cpu app it'll show your only running 900 mhz?

I have mine at 1.0ghz :)

Last edited:

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Get es file explorer. Open. Go to your zt-update folder and rename it. What ever you want (rom) or something. Then make a new folder called zt-update (make sure it has no caps) and put this in it -
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zkh2afutr5xcgj9

So that is all thats in it. Turn off and flash again (camera and power button) all it will do is swap the kernel file. Now check no frills cpu and it should say 1.0ghz :)

Last edited:

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
And as I'm bored at work sat in my van as no one's turned up to let me into the job have this as well
Download pkg2.2.apk from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Its a updated Zenithink flash app to make bbc iplayer etc work

lol Well that's just rude of them!

Hmmm, not sure if I'm game so soon after averting disaster, but knowing me curiosity will get the better of me and Ill do it! Watch this space will probably have an update soon. In the mean time thank you yet again ;)

Don't work too hard! lol

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
Boy! This is a new one for me. My C91 had no such issues. Have you tried talking to Zenithink directly? They might be able to help. Here's their address.

[email protected]

They've been very helpful at times.

By the way Benadlam, regarding the Zandroid firmware-are there drawbacks to using this? I think I'm asking if I will lose functionality or data when I install this. The images on line look wonderful.

Thanks

benadlam

May 6, 2012
You will have to wipe your tablet for V1 because of the 2gb recovery partition. V1.1 you don't necessarily have to. You can change the command file very easily to keep data

Oh and no drawbacks for me. Only pluses so far! More compatible apps etc

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Actually i a bit of copy and pasting you can keep your data on both, i prefer v1 tho. V1.1 is the new Zenithink update based

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Lol. Hence the change the folder name because if anything goes wrong you just change it back and re flash :) but it shouldn't do just flashing kernel only
Yeah good call re changing folder name, okay I'm convinced; will update the kernel when I get home! Won't need the other one you sent as it would seem that this latest flash enabled Flash compatibility - downloaded Flash 11.1, BBC player works fine as other do Flash based apps that were not available to me before. Quielty impressed with that!

Just making sure I'm not going to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - am I using the sd card already in the tablet or another one? If it's another card, what's the procedure for reinserting the original sd card? Is it as simple as dismounting one and inserting the other?

Eternally grateful as always benadlam, legend!

BTW did you end up getting into your job last night?

benadlam

May 6, 2012
I've been messing about with mine seeing what set up gets the best antutu Benchmark scores. Zenidroid V1 with 1ghz kernel seems the best so i edited my earlier post to the 1ghz link.

Just use your sd card in it. If you have a file explorer like es file explorer you can do it all on the tablet too.

Its so easy. Make sure the folder is called zt-update and put only the kernel file in. Turn off. Turn back on while holding the camera button. It'll say image updated or something on the screen and reboot. Job done.

And yea, eventually they decided to turn up! Tut! Lol

Last edited:

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
I've been messing about with mine seeing what set up gets the best antutu Benchmark scores. Zenidroid V1 with 1ghz kernel seems the best so i edited my earlier post to the 1ghz link.

Just use your sd card in it. If you have a file explorer like es file explorer you can do it all on the tablet too.

Its so easy. Make sure the folder is called zt-update and put only the kernel file in. Turn off. Turn back on while holding the camera button. It'll say image updated or something on the screen and reboot. Job done.

And yea, eventually they decided to turn up! Tut! Lol

Lol, yeah not cool, were you waiting long?

Okay, applied the kernel with your updated file (and let me tell you it was a nerve-wracking couple of minutes when the "what if's" started), all good!

No frill cpu says 1GHz and the difference is significant, so thanking you again sir - you're clocking up quite a few beers! lol ;)

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Boy! This is a new one for me. My C91 had no such issues. Have you tried talking to Zenithink directly? They might be able to help. Here's their address.

[email protected]

They've been very helpful at times.

By the way Benadlam, regarding the Zandroid firmware-are there drawbacks to using this? I think I'm asking if I will lose functionality or data when I install this. The images on line look wonderful.

Thanks

Hey Kingsman

Yeah it was a doozy, but thanks to benadlam it's all sorted (and I just updated to the 1GHz Kernel no problems!).

As for contacting Zenithink directly; having conducted extensive reading on this forum and others it seemed that Zenithink has not made the best impression from a support perespective I thought I'd keep that as a measure of last resort. In fact you would have to be the first person I've known to have said anything remotely positive about ZT tech support, it usually ranges from "were not helpful" to "did not respond" - hence "last resort" lol

Which then begs the question - what's your secret Mr Kingsman? :)

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Awesome! When I first did mine it was like a new different tablet. The speed and smoothness was amazing.

(i ended up going to another job then going back. Lol. The other job involved me turning a light switch on and leaving. Oh the hard life. Lmao)

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Awesome! When I first did mine it was like a new different tablet. The speed and smoothness was amazing.

(i ended up going to another job then going back. Lol. The other job involved me turning a light switch on and leaving. Oh the hard life. Lmao)

ROFLMAO how do you cope?!? ;)