The Mega. Is it a tablet? Or is it a phone?

edap

Dec 12, 2012

The Mega shouldn’t even be called a phone, if it weren’t for the fact that it makes phone calls. With a screen measuring 6.3 inches diagonally, the Mega is more like a small Android tablet computer. It shares the tablet’s advantages in showing more detail in photos and video. Text is larger and easier to read, too.
Although I don’t see myself using the Mega, I can see its appeal to those who are willing to carry along a tablet computer but don’t want to carry a second device — the phone.The Mega gives you many of the benefits of tablets. With the larger screen, you can read small print on websites without zooming in, and you make fewer mistakes when trying to click on buttons and links. For e-books, you get a screen size that feels closer to a paperback. You see slightly more content when checking email or Facebook. You don’t see a whole lot more, though. Typically, text and images simply get larger to fill out the additional screen space.
Some Android apps have been adapted to take advantage of the tablet’s larger screen, but for the ones I saw, apps appear on the Mega as they would on other phones.
Source : Washington Post

Last edited: