I have the coby kyros 7022
It was 210 with shipping from best buy and i love it so far
It has a capacative ts and android 2.3
It is also incredibley easy to add android market and root if you want to

Hope i helped :)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Android Tablet Forum

toopsie

Oct 9, 2011
Hi all, I'm a college student and I have found that carrying my laptop around all day just isn't working for me.
What I'm looking for-
1. USB port for a keyboard or the flash drive I carry
2. 8-16GB I don't need too much memory on it
3. Full size ports would be a plus because I can't go out and spend 35+ on adapters for each thing I need
4. 3.0 or 3.1 is a must
5. between 350-500

Any help is much appreciated!

gerasmus

Aug 25, 2011
I am looking for a tablet with nothing less than 1Gb RAM + GPS, capacitive screen.
3G is optional.
Screen size: The larger the screen the better, and preferably under US$250 - US$280.
Seller must be willing to post to South Africa & accept Paypal/Moneybookers in USD/GBP/EUR or any other major currency.

jamaljan

Oct 16, 2011
1) what you will be using the tablet for. list any features you need, such as g-sensor, gps, bluetooth, Adobe Flash, or any specific apps
-basically i would like to use the tablet for reading books and watching movies.

2) how much you are willing to spend
-$300 - 500 (maybe a little more), in this price i include the tablet + its accesories like the screen-protector and its case.

3) if you have an idea, what the size of the tablet should be
-10"

4) how much you know about Android, or just whether or not you are computer
literate
-not used it but guess i can can learn it quickly by reading the help/manuals/tutorials online

5) Please list your location somewhere. (You should really include it in your profile, by the way)
Karachi, Pakistan

===============

following is a detailed list that i've posted on another site as per the requirement but not got many replies.

General Questions
1. What is your budget?
•300-500 $

2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished?
•NO

3. Do you prefer a Slate, Convertible or Ultra Mobile PC (UMPC)?
•Tablet

4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?
•Compact ~ 10"

5. Which country do you intent to purchase from?
•Canada/Dubai

6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes?
•hmm not really

7. How many hours battery life do you require?
•between 6-10

8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? (Email/Web Surfing/Drawing/Word Processing/Entertainment/Notetaking etc)
•to read ebooks (pdf,epub etc) and watch movies/documentaries

9. Do you have an OS preference?
•not really

10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc)
•if i can view word/excel files, that would be good but its not in my priority list as i've a laptop for that

10. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list.
•No

Screen Specifics
1. What resolution do you prefer?
•i'm not really sure about this. i guess a good screen which will not hurt my eyes if i read/watch for a few hours.

2. Do you require the screen to be readable in sunlight?
•not a major concern for me

3. Do you prefer your display to be glossy or matte?
•no idea
frown.gif

4. Do you require Touch? (without pressure sensitivity) (Which one: resistive or capacitive)
•from the tablet reviews that i've read, something like on samsung/sony tablets would be good i guess

5. Do you require a Pen? (with pressure sensitivity) (Which one: Wacom or N-Trig)
•no

Component Specifics
1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require?
•atleast 16 gb

2. Do you require an Optical (CD/DVD) Drive to be built in?
•no

3. Do you require ability to add a second Battery or Hard Drive (Modular Bay technology)?
•no, becoz that would be expensive ;-)

Misc
1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above?
•ports, like in toshiba thrive!
biggrin.gif

PLEASE, someone help me. The more i'm reading the reviews a nd watching videos, its driving me crazy as i can't decide which tablet to buy. :(

JenD

Oct 16, 2011
I have 4 kids who are in love with my Samsung Galaxy phone. My husband and I would like to look into getting them low end tablets for Christmas. They enjoy watching movies, playing FaceBook games, webkinz, and plenty of Android Market games. I have 2 of the 4 who would use the kindle app for reading their school books.

We would like to keep the cost down around $100-$150 if that is possible. Is there any tablets that will fit my budget?

petedude

Mar 9, 2011
I have 4 kids who are in love with my Samsung Galaxy phone. My husband and I would like to look into getting them low end tablets for Christmas. They enjoy watching movies, playing FaceBook games, webkinz, and plenty of Android Market games. I have 2 of the 4 who would use the kindle app for reading their school books.

We would like to keep the cost down around $100-$150 if that is possible. Is there any tablets that will fit my budget?

There are plenty of low-end tablets that should fill the needs. I'm not sure if the Coby tablets support Market, but that'd be the first brand I'd recommend. Beyond that, you could look at some of the tablets offered by overseas vendors on this site. If you order from overseas, though, you'll want to order early so you can avoid shipping delays.

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
I have the coby kyros 7022. It was 199 from best buy but you might be able to get it cheaper. Great basic tab for all of what you listed above. Doesn't come with the android market,but it is super easy to add it using daprospecta's method. Hope i helped

Sent from my coby kyros 7022 using Android Tablet Forum

JenD

Oct 16, 2011
I have the coby kyros 7022. It was 199 from best buy but you might be able to get it cheaper. Great basic tab for all of what you listed above. Doesn't come with the android market,but it is super easy to add it using daprospecta's method. Hope i helped

Sent from my coby kyros 7022 using Android Tablet Forum

This is the one I was looking at. With Best Buy having lay-a-way I might be able to swing the extra $$$ for these. Is there a private message ability? I would like to ask your further questions Droid :)

jamielm94

Oct 19, 2011
Hi everyone.

I was originally trying to find a cheap eReader that had touch screen and a back light but couldn't find anything. So I have started looking for a tablet that is a similar size so it can be easily put in the back pocket of my trousers of inside pocket of my jacket.

I'm looking for something with about a 7" screen,
Hopefully up to date E.G. android 2.2/2.3,
A camera and possibly microphone for video chat,
USB port and HDMI output
WI-FI and Bluetooth
Good for Reading, Media (mostly music), internet, storing and changing word documents.

I've been looking at the Archos 7 internet tablet which i have found for £149

Any suggestions as to anything better or if Archos is a good choice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

neilhmurphy

Oct 22, 2011
I am looking For a tablet to travel with.
1) features:
a) g-sensor - nope
b) gps - perhaps
c) bluetooth - nope
d) Adobe Flash - yup
e) any specific apps - Google Maps
what I do NOT want is a cell phone. I am looking for a device that does both wired (USB/RJ45) and WiFi networking (that would include my home network and the internet). I want USB2.0 and SD.
2) how much you are willing to spend
< $200 preferably <$300 absolutely
3) size of the tablet
7 inches-10 inches
4) about Android
nothing
computer literate
fairly sophisticated
5) Please list your location somewhere.
San Francisco East Bay, CA, USA

oceanlady

Oct 22, 2011
1) I'll mostly be using the tablet for craft shows. I need to be able to check my e-mail, show off pictures to people who may want custom work. I'd love to have 3g in case a show doesn't have wifi available. I'd also like some way to move files to it from my computer. USB, SD, microSD, whatever. I do have bluetooth on my laptop, but it doesn't agree with my phone so I'm not sure if it would agree with a tablet. And a headphone jack for music/videos... though I assume that's fairly standard.
2) how much you are willing to spend... $300-ish... maybe $400 if there's a really awesome one.
3) I'm kind of undecided on size. A 7" screen would fit in the pocket of the apron I wear to craft shows, but a 10" one would show more detail in photos... so I don't know. The other features are more important.
4) I've never actually used android, but I'm pretty good with computers.
5) I'm in Canada, but I shop online a lot, so as long as I can get it shipped here it's all good.

Last edited:

Kayhold

Nov 27, 2010
Hi!
I am looking to buy a new tablet. I previously had a Micro Cruz that I rooted, and took it back.

What I am looking for:
I'd GREATLY prefer it be order-able through Amazon as I have $100 gift card. I have an additional $150 or so to spend (So up to $200-$250 through Amazon, or $150 elsewhere)

Must Have: Capacitive Screen (The one I had was resistive and just hard to type on), moderately easy to root, able to tether to blue tooth or Hot Spot through my android cell, headphone jack
Prefer: SD Card, low glare at least 7"
Don't care either way: Camera, Microphone, Market (plan to root it, anyway)

Things I plan to use it for:
MP3 player in my car, e-books, internet, movies, grocery shopping app, games for my kid (Angry Birds, Scrabble, etc) PDF viewing, flash would be nice.

I am already considering the Fire, and Nook Color, but the lack of SD is a big turn off for me on the Fire. I could make do, but I'd rather have it. As I would be using it in my car as an MP3 player, I'd not be able to use Cloud for music.
The Nook Color is $150 refurbished which is really nice but I can't order it through Amazon, which I have the gift card for but that isn't the end of the world. I am also considering the Coby Kyros 7022. I am sure there are other options I am not aware of, so opinions on those are welcomed, too :)

Thanks in advance!

havensed

Oct 18, 2011
Hi!
I am looking to buy a new tablet. I previously had a Micro Cruz that I rooted, and took it back.

What I am looking for:
I'd GREATLY prefer it be order-able through Amazon as I have $100 gift card. I have an additional $150 or so to spend (So up to $200-$250 through Amazon, or $150 elsewhere)

Must Have: Capacitive Screen (The one I had was resistive and just hard to type on), moderately easy to root, able to tether to blue tooth or Hot Spot through my android cell, headphone jack
Prefer: SD Card, low glare at least 7"
Don't care either way: Camera, Microphone, Market (plan to root it, anyway)

Things I plan to use it for:
MP3 player in my car, e-books, internet, movies, grocery shopping app, games for my kid (Angry Birds, Scrabble, etc) PDF viewing, flash would be nice.

I am already considering the Fire, and Nook Color, but the lack of SD is a big turn off for me on the Fire. I could make do, but I'd rather have it. As I would be using it in my car as an MP3 player, I'd not be able to use Cloud for music.
The Nook Color is $150 refurbished which is really nice but I can't order it through Amazon, which I have the gift card for but that isn't the end of the world. I am also considering the Coby Kyros 7022. I am sure there are other options I am not aware of, so opinions on those are welcomed, too :)

Thanks in advance!

I am a proud new owner of a 10.1 inch toshiba thrive, its a little above your range, but its amazing.....look it up read the.specs..watch the youtube videos.....then ask me any questions you would like..

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum

kayoli

Oct 23, 2011
Hi all,

I am looking for buying a Andorid Tablet.

I already owned a Archos 101 but I sold it after a few month. The display was not good enough.

What I want to do:
1. Using for my mails (these are a lot)
2. 3G
3. WLAN
4. USB (not necessary but nice to have)
5. Videos/at least 720p
6. Music (radio/mp3 etc)
7. Office, working with excel sheets, word documents and power point presentations etc.
8. At least Android 3.0
9. Display should be around 10.1"

I already found the Motorola Xoom and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Is there any alternative to them?

Thank you.

Anth79

Oct 23, 2011
Hey guys new to the forum and this is my first post, im Anth from the Uk

Im after an android tablet in the region of £100 - £150

I have heard a lot about the Flytouch 3, is this any good?

I will be using the tablet for the following

Emails
Browsing the web
Listening to music
Watching hd movies
Would like to be able to use gps
3g capable

Thants all i can think of for now

Tia