the Power/Battery/Charger thread

LS650

Nov 11, 2010
Most of the 7" tablets seem to be getting about 4 hours with WiFi browsing and light usage.
Playing games seems to put more of a strain on the processor and display, and reduces the battery time significantly.

luckyxero

Nov 6, 2010
I was normally getting about 4-5 hours until yesterday. I accidentally left GPS on when I got in a plane, and it cut the battery life down to 28% in 2 hours. Luckily its was only a 2 hour flight.

This might be obvious, but thought I'd post anyway.

tcat

Nov 17, 2010
Funny, I saw this at the FAQ on the Huawei site... in otherwords, turn it off and don't use it :p

22. How to increase your battery life?
  • Remember that it only takes 1 hour to fully charge your battery. The following are suggestions to increase your battery life and give more time to enjoy your S7 on the move. • Use only 2G network - >Setting&#65306;Settings->Wireless & networks->mobile network->Use only 2G network (enable) • Disable Data service -> Setting&#65306;Settings->Wireless & networks->mobile network->Data service (disable) • Adjust the brightness of Screen (<1/3) -> Setting&#65306;Settings->sound & display->Auto-Brightness(disabled) • Brightness -> Set your screen to automatically turn off (adjustable 30s-60s) • Disable Bluetooth • Disable WLAN • Disable GPS Satellites • Decrease the media volume • Turn off applications when they are on idle status.

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
I just bought mine at Best Buy Midtown Atlanta yesterday...today I came back to El Salvador (my home town) and used it to read during the flight. I turned off WiFi, no Bluetooth, no 3G. Decreased brightness down to 10 and only read *.doc and *.pdf; after 1 hour and 5 minutes the battery went from 100% down to 87%. You can do the math and get an idea.

fishy

Aug 2, 2010
I charged mine to 99% and turned off wifi.
I then ran Avatar movie at 720, mpeg on rockplayer and it was at 20% left after movie ran 2:41 hours.

One quesstion? It wanted to shut down on me when it got to 20%. Anyway to change that message to come up at different time left?

Thanks,

MartinFick

Nov 23, 2010
I am still wondering how long this device can last in sleep mode? Also, does it enter and exit sleep instantly?

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
After rooting my S7 with androot and underclocking the processor with SETCPU from 768mhz to 576mhz, turned off all radios (WiFi, bluetooth, GPS, and DATA) last night I started the music player using the built in speakers, and so far I have managed 8 hours and 37 minutes with 47% left on the battery. That would amount to something like 16 hours of mp3 playback. Not bad!. After underclocking everything works fine except for video playback, which seems to take a hit from the lower processor speed. But it seems there is hardware accelerated video of sorts for games because all my games played fine.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
I ran mine yesterday from noon until 6pm (6hrs) with everything turned on including using the camera and taking some short videos. It did go to sleep a few times, maybe an hour total. The battery was down to 17% after that and I recharged. Then it took about 2 hrs to charge back up.

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
Out for Black Friday today, I stumbled across this in Staples:

Duracell 3 in 1 Charger for Motorola Phones | Staples®

It includes wall charging, car charging and usb charging.

Yes, you can charge from your computer with this, I've already tested it.

The cable included has a screw on female connection on one end, and a standard usb connection on the other. Once you screw in the right tip (the round one), you can plug it into the S7 and then your computer, or the car adaptor, or the wall charger, everything you need is included.

I already had a Mophie Powerstation that I use for portable power with my Iphone, already tested it and it works with the S7:

mophie juice pack&#8482; powerstation - travel battery charger for iPod, iPhone, iPad and other smart phones

combine this with the cable from the duracell unit, and you have mobile power as well. No need to wait for additional batteries for the S7 to come out.

So there you have it. I think this is, currently, the ultimate power solution for our new toy!

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010

The cable included has a screw on female connection on one end, and a standard usb connection on the other. Once you screw in the right tip (the round one), you can plug it into the S7 and then your computer, or the car adaptor, or the wall charger, everything you need is included.

I already had a Mophie Powerstation that I use for portable power with my Iphone, already tested it and it works with the S7:

mophie juice pack™ powerstation - travel battery charger for iPod, iPhone, iPad and other smart phones

combine this with the cable from the duracell unit, and you have mobile power as well. No need to wait for additional batteries for the S7 to come out.

So there you have it. I think this is, currently, the ultimate power solution for our new toy!

Amazing!!!

zenkibuta

Nov 12, 2010

mophie juice pack&#8482; powerstation - travel battery charger for iPod, iPhone, iPad and other smart phones

I think i saw this same product in TJMAxx and it just cost less than $10 i think..