the Power/Battery/Charger thread

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Hmmm, that is disconcerting since i ordered it already. There is one listed on ebay though.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
So the charger just arrived, right voltage,etc., but wrong tip, mini-usb. Sigh. Back it goes.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

lotusflower

Dec 3, 2010
I ran mine yesterday from noon until 6pm (6hrs) with everything turned on including using the camera and taking some short videos. It did go to sleep a few times, maybe an hour total. The battery was down to 17% after that and I recharged. Then it took about 2 hrs to charge back up.
Must be different for different users. From get go it was 3 hours for me. You have to have home wifi connected to access the internet based programs, like U-tube etc. Don't know what to say but buy a car and air charger, wait for someone to go overseas (or when I do) and get an extra battery. Don't know if updating to 2.2 will make any difference in power usage.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Why do you have to have home wifi for Youtube?
Mine works fine without!

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
I just bought the SetCPU app from the store and set the profile to powersave. Right now the CPU is at 245Mhz with minimal impact on the interface. I have not tried any games yet. Will see what kind of battery life I get now.

docfreed

Dec 4, 2010
Was in Radio Shack and found an Enercell AC-to-DC Power Adapter for the S7. It outputs 5V @ 2.5 Amp and you get a free tip (Size G is the proper size) with it. Has neat folding prongs and an aux port for a USB cord and green LED to indicate charging.

Cost was $19.99 and is radio Shack P/N 2730411 and the tip is P/N 273024.

jet

Dec 7, 2010
Hi, another (solar) charger that works is solio classic or H1000 with motorola tip (Moto 3).

pizzabox23

Dec 10, 2010
Hello Android Tablets!
I just bought a huawei s7 and want to know the power plug's size on the end of the power adapter. I want to get a USB converter and battery for it so it doesn't run out of juice so fast but I need to find that little plug's size.
Cheers Guys.

pizzabox23

Dec 10, 2010
Thanks for the quick response;
Do you think I'd be able to stick a 3.5mm in there or would it just not fit?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
You need to use the correct size plug, and you also need to make sure the power supply is correct for mA and voltage. There are several different threads in this forum that provide lots of options and details.

In order to try to control where any specific recommendations are made, i am going to close this thread.

Good luck!
p

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Let's try to keep the chargers and plugs conversations in a minimum amount of threads.

I will put together a sticky on this topic.