the Power/Battery/Charger thread

pizzabox23

Dec 10, 2010
Hello Again!
I'm after a replacement battery for the S7. I've searched allover the internet and can't find anything. Does anybody know where I can buy one?
The models HB5A4P2
Cheers-

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The last time we heard about accessories, they said they are in the process of bringing them for sale in North America. Check with Huawei support.

My contact with dropshippers has indicated that they are also scouring for accessories and components for the Huawei S7 within China to be exported overseas. They will be available soon.

pizzabox23

Dec 10, 2010
I've contacted Telstra in Australia and they've said that they cannot supply replacement batteries. Does Huawei have a contact number for Australia?

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
Hey JFer
There is a sticky post which covers chargers, it has some good info on what kind of adapters work and the power output of the original 110 charger. Take a look..

Ives

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
Hey everyone
Just wondering if it's ok to leave these Li-ion batteries on the charger over night? I know they are fully charged in about an hour but can they be damaged if charged over that time. I usually plug my gadgets in at bedtime so they are ready by morning. My RC planes use a Li-Po battery that need to be monitored closely during charging or else melt downs and fires can occur.

Ives

tae254

Dec 20, 2010
I turn mines off and put it on the charger every night and haven't had any issues.