the s7 run with battery pulled off rc power only

double

Dec 24, 2010
was playing around and took my battery out but was plugged in and now running off plug only.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Yes the charging circuits are well designed so that when the battery is fully charged the circuits switch to external only and preserve battery performance and longevity.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

blueman

Jan 9, 2011
Just want to caution anyone against doing this. My S7 lost the ability to make phone calls/text messages after I took out the battery and put it back in while charging. After a full reset it returned to normal though.

zenkibuta

Nov 12, 2010
Yes the charging circuits are well designed so that when the battery is fully charged the circuits switch to external only and preserve battery performance and longevity.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

wow that was really cool.. this device is really awesome. well built and well designed.. so i am not loosing hope that we are going to receive SW update very soon...

TechRemedy

Jan 4, 2011
I just know that when a company gives a quarter as their update timeframe, it usually happens at the end of that quarter...I would be surprised if we get an update before March.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
This is the first Android device I owned that actually works without a battery.

fHZPn.png

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
lol....yes...we actually had a thread on that a couple of weeks ago. Important to remember if you are doing a full reset and really need to have it powered down

Joshua

Nov 28, 2010
This is the first Android device I owned that actually works without a battery.

How does it do that? The mythical powers of the Android Gods? :confused: Just kidding. That is a great feature though, i assume it means you can "hot-swap" batteries as long as its plugged into AC power. Also I have found out Batteries Plus can restore our batteries down the road once they quit holding much charge.

RoyEP3

Feb 3, 2011
Thanks for mentioning that. I was so paranoid about keeping my s7 charged. I'd wake up in the middle of the night to make sure I unplug it so it doesn't keep it charging lol.

blueman

Jan 9, 2011
I Found out that call/data capabilities were lost when I took out the battery while it was charging and then put it back in. Shortly afterwards a message came up on battery watcher widget that the batter had overheated. I was about to return it to Best Buy but the next day it started working again. Don't really know what happened, may be someone can explain.