[THEME/MOD] Flashable Softkeys

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
​I found this over on xda in the n7 forums. I only ported it to work on any JB ROM for our device. All credit goes to Spannaa the original creator of the MOD, thread can be found here and the creators of Villain ROM for the VRTheme System thats used to install this.

Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage done to your device from using this MOD. This shouldn't hurt anything I'm just covering my a$$.

Revert To Stock Softkeys
S2RTmu8.png

ICS Blue Stock Softkeys
wL02T5E.png

White Motorola Softkeys
$motorola.png

OK for some reason I cant post anymore screenshots so till I get that figuerd out your going to have to check them out on my box account.
Sorry about that, hopefully I get it worked out.

Screenshots

ICS Blue Motorola Softkeys

Stock White Reflect Softkeys

Stock ICS Blue Reflect Softkeys

Frosty Softkeys

FLX Softkeys

ICS Blue Zenyth Softkeys

Gray Nik Softkeys
View attachment 9865
Thank ramdyc for porting this one

Thanks to flopower1996 for porting these next three over for us, all credit goes to him I'm just posting them here to make them easier to find.
Blue MIUI Style Softkeys
$bluemiuistyle.png

Cyan Honeycomb Softkeys
$cyanhoneycomb.png

Metro Blue Softkeys
$metroblue.png

How to install !
First make a system/nandroid backup from cwm recovery. Don't forget to do this just in case.
Then wipe cache and from advanced wipe dalvik chache.
Next go to install from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard and flash the zip that you had downloaded.

If anyone wants a different one let me know and I'll make it up.
I'm working on a few MODs just to give us some options.

Last edited:

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Nice job :)

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Thanks. I've been wanting to try out this VRTheme flasher. Its really cool how it works by just injecting the png's into the apk's. It makes making themes so much easier and faster.

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4g using Tapatalk 2

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
So would anyone like me to port any of the other mods from that thread on xda? I don't mind making them but don't want to waste my time if no one is going to use them.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
So would anyone like me to port any of the other mods from that thread on xda? I don't mind making them but don't want to waste my time if no one is going to use them.

You mean port other mods about the keyboard or mods in general?? Anyway I would like to use them :D

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
By the way, this flashable softkey mod works for JB right:confused:? The title contains the word ICS so i dont know if this is for ICS only or not.

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
You mean port other mods about the keyboard or mods in general?? Anyway I would like to use them :D

I meant in general but if you want I could try to theme the keyboard. I've themed them for my phones so how different could it be. Let me know what color and I'll give it a try when I have time.

By the way, this flashable softkey mod works for JB right:confused:? The title contains the word ICS so i dont know if this is for ICS only or not.

Yes they are for jb. The ICS is the color used in them.

I made one for the "Grey Nik Softkeys". I don't really know any details about theming so I just unzipped the one from XDA, unzipped one of yours, replaced the .png's, and rezipped it. Tested it and it worked fine for me.

Grey Nik Softkeys
View attachment 9860

Feel free to add it to your first post.

Nice work, I'll add it to the op. Thats about all there is to this mod. I only edited a little more them you had to do lol. :D

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
I made one for the "Grey Nik Softkeys". I don't really know any details about theming so I just unzipped the one from XDA, unzipped one of yours, replaced the .png's, and rezipped it. Tested it and it worked fine for me.

Grey Nik Softkeys
View attachment 9860

Feel free to add it to your first post.

I added it to the op with credit, check it out and thanks.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I don't want anyone to get discouraged about development. If you write something you like, why not publish something? I'm afraid that if people don't publish, they'll stop developing -- and stop learning. I wish I could try these mods and offer comment, but I'm getting tied up with my "little project".

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
I don't want anyone to get discouraged about development. If you write something you like, why not publish something? I'm afraid that if people don't publish, they'll stop developing -- and stop learning. I wish I could try these mods and offer comment, but I'm getting tied up with my "little project".

I here what you are saying. I'm also trying to learn more about development and get away from theming. I am pretty good at making themes so if any of you new guys need any help don't mind asking me for help, I'm glad to help where I can. Maybe we can start a thread about theming.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
I meant in general but if you want I could try to theme the keyboard. I've themed them for my phones so how different could it be. Let me know what color and I'll give it a try when I have time.

I am ok with the color, and i would like to try all the mods you are going to post in the future and give you feedback too :D! Also please do not stop posting i believe there are always people that is waiting for your mods :) Thank you for your hard work! Thanks for those who are contributing their time to the A2109 forum too ;)

ramdyc

Dec 26, 2012
Nice work, I'll add it to the op. Thats about all there is to this mod. I only edited a little more them you had to do lol. :D

Cool, good to know. Would you mind explaining what the other steps you took were? Or even just point me in the direction of somewhere that explains it would be cool. This is my first Android device so I barely know next to nothing but I want to learn a lot more.