[THEME/MOD] Flashable Softkeys

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Cool, good to know. Would you mind explaining what the other steps you took were? Or even just point me in the direction of somewhere that explains it would be cool. This is my first Android device so I barely know next to nothing but I want to learn a lot more.

Really I only changed the path of the png's from an hdpi device to mdpi. If you look inside one of the n7 zips you'll see that it says drawable-sw600dp-hdpi. Thats cause the n7 is a hdpi device and ours is a mdpi. So in this case I only needed to change the hdpi to mdpi. But thats not always the case. Some times you'll need to resize the png's but for this they were the same. The cool thing about the vrtheme flasher used for this works on any device, you just needs to add the png's you want to change in any apk and put them in folders as to where they will go inside the apk. Like for this one the path was vrtheme/system/app/SystemUI.apk/res/drawable-sw600dp-mdpi. Just open a apk and look inside to see where the png's you want to theme are. Most cases they will be in res/drawable-mdpi. You can edit that zip to change any system/app png's. Just change the path and apk name. For instance if you want to edit another system app you would change the name of SystemUI.apk to what ever app you are trying to edit then change the name of the drawable-sw600dp-mdpi folder to where ever the png's are in your new theme. Usually they will be in drawable-mdpi or drawable-hdpi. The cool thing about this vrtheme zip is that it only pushes the png's into the apk thats already on your phone. Hope that helps.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I always do. If you check the op you'll see that its there.

I didn't check, but I didn't quote you because that was a general comment for everyone in the conversation. No offense intended.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
I didn't check, but I didn't quote you because that was a general comment for everyone in the conversation. No offense intended.

I no what you mean. People deserve credit for their work.

ramdyc

Dec 26, 2012
Really I only changed the path of the png's from an hdpi device to mdpi. If you look inside one of the n7 zips you'll see that it says drawable-sw600dp-hdpi. Thats cause the n7 is a hdpi device and ours is a mdpi. So in this case I only needed to change the hdpi to mdpi. But thats not always the case. Some times you'll need to resize the png's but for this they were the same. The cool thing about the vrtheme flasher used for this works on any device, you just needs to add the png's you want to change in any apk and put them in folders as to where they will go inside the apk. Like for this one the path was vrtheme/system/app/SystemUI.apk/res/drawable-sw600dp-mdpi. Just open a apk and look inside to see where the png's you want to theme are. Most cases they will be in res/drawable-mdpi. You can edit that zip to change any system/app png's. Just change the path and apk name. For instance if you want to edit another system app you would change the name of SystemUI.apk to what ever app you are trying to edit then change the name of the drawable-sw600dp-mdpi folder to where ever the png's are in your new theme. Usually they will be in drawable-mdpi or drawable-hdpi. The cool thing about this vrtheme zip is that it only pushes the png's into the apk thats already on your phone. Hope that helps.

Ok cool! That's pretty much what I figured. I just wasn't sure of the details. Thanks!

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Nice work, is it OK if I link your mod to my ROM and if you come up with any other treats let me know, I have no patience for doing mods:D:D

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Nice work, is it OK if I link your mod to my ROM and if you come up with any other treats let me know, I have no patience for doing mods:D:D

Yeah sure, go right ahead. I'm sure I'll come up some some mods I like messing around but I've just been busy but I'll let you know.

flopower1996

Feb 8, 2013
Hey i've ported the Blue MIUI Style Softkeys
to our device. All credits goes to Linsalata28, Spannaa and the creators of Villain ROM for the VRTheme System thats used to install this.
bluemiuistyle.png

Download: http://flopower1996.bplaced.net/Lenovo A2109A/buttons miui.zip

Last edited:

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Hey i've ported the Blue MIUI Style Softkeys
to our device. All credits goes to Linsalata28, Spannaa and the creators of Villain ROM for the VRTheme System thats used to install this.
bluemiuistyle.png

Download: http://flopower1996.bplaced.net/Lenovo A2109A/buttons miui.zip

Really nice work on all the mods. I didn't even know there were more added to that thread. I'm adding yours to the op but wanted to know if these MIUI ones are the ICS blue or just the blue ones? Its hard to tell from the screen shot. Thank for porting them over and for sharing, I'm sure there will be some people happy to have them.

Edit: NEVER MIND I'm an idiot, I just noticed they are the blue ones in your post.

Last edited:

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
@flopower1996
I added your mods to the op. I hope you don't mind that I put them on my box account so I can make sure the links in the op will stay up. I gave you full credit with them.